Please cease support of PSPHacker.com

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Smiths

Please cease support of PSPHacker.com

Post by Smiths »

I know it's like beating a dead horse that somehow keeps getting more and more retarded, but like a previous post which garnered excellent support of this community I must once again mention the displeasure that site is causing many, many, many a programmer.

As many of the current programmers' main course of communication between the Japanese dev community and English userbase, it goes without saying that the consistent posting false information, bogus reports, uncredited 'stories', etc.. the site is not only a joke among the Japanese developers (one author going so far as to say: "it's a shit site that steals anything posted here [PSPWiki] and copies and pastes it".
Since the previous topic was closed the sitemaster, Clay, mentioned he wanted to fix this problem but apparently has no authority over himself or his other "Reporters" (none of them actually owning v1.0 PSPs, mind you).
Basically he lied to everyone.

He also lies to his users doing the "post anything the Japanese devs post regardless of verification", and ends up posting story upon story of fake information.
I mentioned in the first post I made concerning this that authors knew of what that site did and planned to exploit it; Clay now has been caught with his face in the mud several times due to the Japanese authors intentionally playing with his garbage posting system.
Authors will "release" things on the site, wait for PSPH to post it as 0-sec #1 top NEWZZZ, then remove the uploads.
Egg on the face is a global concept.

As such I am -- on behalf of the community -- requesting once again to cease supporting this fradulous site. Please do not link to anything there, as there are several other more reputable sites out there.

And this is only PSPH... let's not mention how DSHacker swiped every GBAX contest entry and refused to link to the actual contest.

Unfortunately, they are dealing with Japanese developers now; screwing over people who really can't communicate their absolute disgust with such ignorant folk as Clay, Deklar, and Mike.
However, once 1.5x firmware is -- and it will be -- cracked and more and more English-speaking developers release more and more... that will be when PSPH truly will need to shape up or get the hell out of a community they have no idea about.

I am sorry to have to bring this up once again.. but it has reached the same level as before...if not worse since they delete any comment concerning "fixing" their "newz" to properly report it.

Just check out emunoobs, which at this point may have to make a sister site solely for PSPH.

Thank you.

Smiths
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Site infighting or whatever, we really don't want to be a part of it. I'm moving your post to off-topic. We'll treat your post as a friendly warning. Keep the thread civil.
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

who's supporting them?....

and more importantly, who's forcing you to keep going to the site?

i make the rounds to all the psp related websites everyday, and im not concerned about a few unconfirmed lies.. it will be quite apparent when 1.5 is actually cracked as opposed to some bullshit rumor.
pspmanly

Post by pspmanly »

The real truth of the matter is PSPhacker is taking away traffic from emuholic where Smiths is a part of so he is just trying to stir up problems.

I don't know how the other people at psph feel but I personally am tired of being blackmailed by Smiths daily about one thing or another. He isn't someone who is wanting to help out the community but instead some kid who wants to power trip.

To be honest I think we do a damn good job crediting the authors and linking to their sites. We are not perfect and do make mistakes and the minute someone makes a post that we left out an author or didn't link back to a site.
Feel free to go through and see if the authors here on this site have been properly credited. They have.

Also, this really is not the place for this and it is pretty damn petty, but I figured since we have been attached a response is warranted.
subbie

Post by subbie »

Man this topic is going to get ugly.

Hey pspmanly, I have a question. How many things have you done so far? Last I count smith has done tons more then most (Hell I am the one doing ngPsp and I can't compair to the amount of work smith has done so far for the scene).

I'm no anti psphacker kind of guy but I find some of smiths complaints valid. I worrie about japanese developers getting pist off because it wont take much for one of them to slip in code to destroy a psp's firmware and psphackers run to post it and destroy others psp units.

Post by Guest »

subbie wrote:I worrie about japanese developers getting pist off because it wont take much for one of them to slip in code to destroy a psp's firmware and psphackers run to post it and destroy others psp units.
It won't take much for anyone to do this, Japanese or not. It is counterproductive to raise fear levels, and especially focus the fear on one group that is probably the least likely to take such an action.

I originally locked this thread because there was no way anything good can come once both sides said their piece, but then I second-guessed myself and unlocked it again.

I think I was right the first time - locked. Please continue any flame wars in your respective sites.

(I agree with mrbrown, many here would prefer to avoid site wars. They get ugly. In the case of ps2dev, it would even be counterproductive as people here would rather focus on pure dev issues, and apart from occasional abstract ethics discussions, prefer to avoid scene politics on these boards.)