Locked!

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

qwed88

Locked!

Post by qwed88 »

Why is this forum so harsh, every other post gets locked, you all don't even attempt to let people explain themselves, or work out any kind of conversation.
this is the general section is it not.

anyway I image this will get locked too, before I get any kind of logical answer, or conversation
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Actually, I'm moving it to off-topic as there's no development, or even psp, related content.
qwed88

Post by qwed88 »

suprising
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

Look at what threads get locked. If you can find a thread that is locked that had some real discussion still going on, that remained on-topic, and which was not against our rules, then I would LOVE to see it. If you feel that a thread was locked that you feel shouldn't be locked, then PM the mod that locked it and he will give a better explination.
Lego of my Ago!
rinco

Re: Locked!

Post by rinco »

qwed88 wrote: Why is this forum so harsh
Maybe because people respond like this:
qwed88 wrote:I usually just lurk around watching the progress around here, but I have to say that last post (dasurfrdude27) was completely idiotic, you have no idea how to code but you know how to downgrade a psp's firmware? that makes no sense, thats a very ridiculos post, you have no idea what that moronic statement really intales

OMG! you have no freakin idea what your talking about!
You complete tool.
threeballspin

Post by threeballspin »

HAHA. That's hilarious!
qwed88

Post by qwed88 »

rinco wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qwed88 wrote:
Why is this forum so harsh

Maybe because people respond like this:

qwed88 wrote:
I usually just lurk around watching the progress around here, but I have to say that last post (dasurfrdude27) was completely idiotic, you have no idea how to code but you know how to downgrade a psp's firmware? that makes no sense, thats a very ridiculos post, you have no idea what that moronic statement really intales

OMG! you have no freakin idea what your talking about!

You complete tool.

Hey buddy, you just did the same thing I did, but in my case I was asking a simple question, and if you read the post that came before the post you quoted you would understand why I said that
do you know the definition of the word HYPOCRITE
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

'ironic humor'
qwed88

Post by qwed88 »

anyway I'm not going to waste mine or any one else's time on this.
I've decided I should chill out a little, maybe I was just a little pissy that day or something.

anyway I had gotten a little irritated at the post that was before the one quoted above (mine)

omg the solution is sooooooo easy (to explain) lol but all these hackers have to do is duplicate the 1.5 firmware but re-code it so the PSP reads it a the 1.52 or whatever version is out so its actually the 1.5 (or 1.0) firmware so homebrew stuff runs and stuff, but new games will think its 1.52 (cause the firmware shouldnt effect the gameplay) so, in other words.... a custom firmware! if i knew something about coding i would try this, but im jus gonna leave that alone lol.... but yeah.... do any of ya'll think this could work?
the guy just repeated what has been said could not be done a thousand times on this forum, he just assumed that this could be done, even though he apparently has no kind of background to even guess if it could
if i knew something about coding i would try this, but im jus gonna leave that alone
this is like telling a software engineer, "Hey it's really easy all you would have to do is design a piece of software that could learn and think for itself, and you would have artificial intelligence, I would do this but I have no idea how to code"

so really this guy has no idea what he's talking about, and when I read that I guess I snapped a little, because I've heard it on a thousand other forums, and this one happened to be so insane that I had to respond,

and then I got mad cause they locked the thread, wich is a pet peave cause I think allot of things like that could be handled with out moderator interference, but then again I could understand how they could be a little jaded

anyway I apologize for speaking on this, I will now go back to lurking