Problem with ps2scummvm

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

pava

Problem with ps2scummvm

Post by pava »

HI!!!
I run the emulator with ps2link 1.23 and then it works fine but when i try to run a game the emulator says that could not find the ****.000 of the game.
my scummvn.ini configuration is:

[atlantis]
path=host:\atlantis\
description=Indiana Jones And The Fate Of...

Could anyone help me?
Thanks and sorry for my english...i'm spanish

Saludos y Gracias

EDIT:I think that i've posted in the wrong place...but i don't know where to put it :oops:

Saludos y Gracias
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Off-Topic.
ole

Post by ole »

it's a bug in the scummvm port that occurs when using host: in networked environemnt (naplink client works fine).

Try this:
- modify path=host:atlantis\ (the relative path)
AND
- create atlantis\PRECACHE.TXT file (with content described in ps2_readme)
pava

Post by pava »

Can you be more specific please :oops: i'm spanish and i don't understand you very good....
i modified the .ini
[atlantis]
C:\Documents and Settings\Chupóctero\Escritorio\scummvm-0.5.1-ps2-bin=host:C:\Documents and Settings\Chupóctero\Escritorio\scummvm-0.5.1-ps2-bin\atlantis
description=Indiana Jones And The Fate

Thanks in advance
PD:Good work...is marvellous to see people making emus for ps2 instead of making programs to play commercial games without buying de original.Thanks
daveb

Post by daveb »

I've got a similar problem.

my scumm init is
[tentacle]
path=host:\dott\
description=dott

whats strange is that the .001 file is found and loaded but the .000 file isnt found even though they are in the same directory
pava

Post by pava »

I can't play the emu...
I have in C:\Documents and Settings\Chupóctero\Escritorio\PS2 scummvm with the following files:
CDVD.IRX
SCUMMVM.ELF
scummvm.ini
SJPCM.IRX
SYSTEM.CNF
TIMER.IRX
and a folder called atlantis with the files atlantis.000 and atlantis.001 but ole i don't know the files i've to put on PRECACHE.TXT
btw the scummvm.ini you tell me still can't find the atlantis.000
i'm going insane :(
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

pava wrote:I can't play the emu...
I have in C:\Documents and Settings\Chupóctero\Escritorio\PS2 scummvm with the following files:
CDVD.IRX
SCUMMVM.ELF
scummvm.ini
SJPCM.IRX
SYSTEM.CNF
TIMER.IRX
hmm, i could be totally off the mark here, but have you tried putting files in a path without any spaces? And have you tried using SCUMMVM.INI (i.e all caps) i've no experience with this in particular, but i've noticed previously the ps2 can be picky about such things..
- Good luck!! =)
Damn, I need a decent signature!