What makes you come back?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

justin@clearcode.co.za

What makes you come back?

Post by justin@clearcode.co.za »

What makes you guys keep coming back and posting. Dont hack me to badly here, its an honest question :-) I spent money think I could get into the forum space but it didn't pan out...I found PS2dev and i'm really impressed.

Really guys this is not a tacky sell or trying to ween info....I'm based on the back end of the planet and I'm curious...

treat me kindly...thx
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

Can you ask your question again and make it make sense? What makes us come back for what?

Oobles.
justin@clearcode.co.za

Post by justin@clearcode.co.za »

Sorry, what I was asking was "what makes users come back to the site and continue to interact in the forums"...is it a sense of community, the actual topics in the forum or something else I cant figure.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

There's a sense of accomplishment - while there are many thousands programming in Linux and many millions programming in Windows, you can count the PS2 programmers not associated with a gaming company on your fingers. If you're serious about PS2 programming, you'll find the people here intelligent and helpful. If you're not serious, or worse - looking for a method to pirate games, be prepared for lots of scorn. :P
soks

Post by soks »

Or just expect scorn no matter what =P

If you're like me, you're just a bum.

And you STILL post.
Neil Stevens

Post by Neil Stevens »

How about " a continuing interest in the subject matter, which is what brought one here in the first place?"
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Different people stay for different reasons...

Most people are either here for the information, or because they've been here long enough they don't know where else to go ;)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development

Post by Guest »

Drakonite wrote:Different people stay for different reasons...

Most people are either here for the information, or because they've been here long enough they don't know where else to go ;)
I was an aimless drifter, not knowing day by day where I might end up.

PS2DEV took me in and cared for me. I was saved. My life is now on track and I am still working to get my first dev project published in CVS. I know I couldn't have even contemplated such a task without the moral support of PS2DEV. Tubgirl showed me the way.

All, I have to say is, Hallelujah!
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

The name 'gorim' wouldn't have anything to do with books by author David Eddings, would it?
"He was warned..."

Post by Guest »

mrbrown wrote:The name 'gorim' wouldn't have anything to do with books by author David Eddings, would it?
Indeed it does. I started reading Eddings from his 4th Belgiariad book (and still the best I think) way back in... 83 or 84 ? Great author, even if he now gets a little repetitive (undertatement of the millenium) with each new book/series.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Wow, that was just a guess :). I'm on book 3 of the Belgariad. He is a bit repetitive, but the story is interesting.

Cool.
"He was warned..."

Post by Guest »

mrbrown wrote:Wow, that was just a guess :). I'm on book 3 of the Belgariad. He is a bit repetitive, but the story is interesting.

Cool.
The problem isn't with the Belgariad, as a whole its one fine series. :)

The problem is, every new series (Malloreon, Elenium, Ad Nauseum...)
repeats every plot point of the original. Sometimes he comes out with standalone books that manage the same.

You will enjoy the Belgariad I am sure. If you you want more of the same, by all means keep reading. ;)