sce prefix on functions?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

loser

sce prefix on functions?

Post by loser »

ive finally made the change from ps2lib to ps2sdk :)

i want to know, was it decided to definately keep the 'sce' prefix on functions that have it in the bios (as was mentioned in an iop file somewhere in ps2sdk).

if so what about on the ee side?

i ask because i would like to get a common interface to things such as cdvd/pad/memcard access on both the iop and ee. in doing so i would want to be able to call the functions on the ee or iop using the same function name and args.

if not keeping the sce prefix, would we then use a capital letter for the start of the function?

so which will it be?
sceCdInit()
cdInit()
CdInit()

just want to confirm all this before going ahead with anything, thx :)
pixel

Post by pixel »

I think there is already lots of aliases, no ?

Code: Select all

#define CdInit sceCdInit
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
loser

Post by loser »

yes

but i want to confirm the way its expected to be done, especially cos im interested in having the same functions calls work on iop and ee. the same code should then be able to be used on either iop or ee.
pixel

Post by pixel »

Nothing is expected to be done :) That's the whole spirit of ps2dev ^_^
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I think he's trying to say that if you're willing to put the work into it, you get to define the standard. :)
pixel

Post by pixel »

ooPo got it right! ^_^
loser

Post by loser »

heh ok, well ill go ahead with it for 1 module. most like the cdvd one for iop and ee and once its done see if ppl hate it so much they want me to take it out again :P

main thing i wanted to check was that now we could be calling funcs on ee as 'sceCdInit()' intsead of 'CdInit()', but i guess we can define aliases for those that want to drop the sce prefix in their sourcecode...