Home Brew Cheat Device

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Post by Guest »

Wendys wrote:I know i'm a newb to all this but isnt there a way a to change where to look for the code list?

Or maybe adding another one so that hwne you bundle it all up and send it to mem card and boot it up it will look in the directory with it intead.. to what its looking for now?
Change where AR MAX etc look for codes ? That would be game alteration hacking and I believe not a topic thought highly of around here. Better to encourage someone to make their own cheat device completely independantly. Thats more akin to the dev spirit than hacking up someone elses product to change it.

Not saying there aren't times and places where its ok or useful, but it wouldn't be dev.
Wendys

Post by Wendys »

this product has already been stolen.. its being put on some mod chip i forget which one.. and the guy that made it disowned it or something.. it was on a some board i was reading
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

gorim, I think the thread is discussing cosmic cheat now, not ARmax
Wendys

Post by Wendys »

cory1492 wrote:gorim, I think the thread is discussing cosmic cheat now, not ARmax
yer.. is there a way to change it so that it looks to a diff place? and if so.. maybe some links to to some sites on how to do iT?
Darren

Post by Darren »

you're better off going to ps2-scene.org and asking there.
Wendys

Post by Wendys »

well if no one is going to reply on how to do it.. i guess i will have to
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

ps2upacker, then hexedit, it is looking in HOST: , which I beleive is available on some ps2 stuff, but was mostly created to work with ps2link
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

Though this thread is about 1.75 years old, I'll note a few things.

First, I recently modified the original Cosmic Cheat to read its *.cff from cdrom0, hence eliminating the need for a USB or ethernet connection, and allowing the user to simply burn a CD or DVD with all the needed files. It can be found here: http://gshi.org/vb/attachment.php?attac ... 1163180499

...and the thread concerning it can be found here: http://gshi.org/vb/showthread.php?p=18481#post18481

Secondly, in reference to this:
Wendys wrote:this product has already been stolen.. its being put on some mod chip i forget which one.. and the guy that made it disowned it or something.. it was on a some board i was reading
sjeep was the primary coder for Cosmic Cheat, and also the primary coder for the DMS4 ToxicBIOS/ToxicOS. Hence, Cosmic Cheat wasn't stolen, though you're correct that it was never finished.
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...