has anyone gotten UMCDR oR CDX to work?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

allucard

has anyone gotten UMCDR oR CDX to work?

Post by allucard »

if so please post burning software and what you used to make the iso
t0mb0la

Post by t0mb0la »

Instant CD+DVD / InstantDisc www.vob.de to generate an ISO9660 level-1 CD image (M$ Joliet, 255 max chars in pathnames); saved to an ISO image.

Used win32 UMCDR tool to 'fix' the ISO image, then burned generated CUE/BIN using Nero Burning Rom v5.5 www.nero.com
matimediza

Nero

Post by matimediza »

You can do this with Nero Burning Rom, EasyCD Creator, HP Record, wherever you want
allucard

Post by allucard »

thanks alot for the quick how to . I'll let you know how things work out
allucard

Post by allucard »

THANK YOU !!!! i got it to work BUT i still cannot get CDX and UMCDR images made with cdps2gen v3 to read with ps2media player. So my next question is if anyone was successful with those formats and what burning settings and software did you use?
hermes

Post by hermes »

well, I have discovered a peculiar detail: I use Nero 6.0 and my Pionner DVD-RW 106D does not work with CDRWIN. The format UMCDR or CDX is created copying data ISO in a sector of 2352 bytes from offset 120.

Well, if I use Nero 6,0 to burn, the data are read in the PS2 in offset 96. in that position it is where I look for the data in my programs, but according to the recording program that you use, these data are displaced of site :O.

Example: original data in offset 120.

- if you use cdrwin 3.9E, data is stored in offset 0
- if you use Nero 5.5, data is stored in offset 24
- if you use Nero 6.0, data is stored in offset 96 (I use this)

well, the solution is evident: it is necessary to correct the offset of the readings using the position where is found, the mark of identification.

I hope to have an update of MCLOADER in few days.
pixel

Post by pixel »

hermes wrote:- if you use cdrwin 3.9E, data is stored in offset 0
- if you use Nero 5.5, data is stored in offset 24
- if you use Nero 6.0, data is stored in offset 96 (I use this)
You'd maybe want to read the Nero image file format. It's very easy to find it on the web... The header contains the cuesheet of the image, that is, a binary representation of the ".cue" file created by cdrwin.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.