Mugen Fighter for PS2?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Ranma8

Mugen Fighter for PS2?

Post by Ranma8 »

If you don't already know, Mugen Fighter is a program people are using to build their own 2D based "street fighting" game. They basically pull sprites, code moves together, and create characters (or use existing ones) to make a dream-match of fighters running from awhere between 8-400 characters, depending on the shell you use.

I was wondering if there's a way to get this running on the PS2. There is already a PSP and an XBOX (linux) verision. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Wow, what bad memories this topic brings up. Maybe for the very first time, I myself used the search feature of the forums. Who would have thought one could find this topic via search ?

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php? ... ight=mugen
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The only version of MUGEN available to PS2 programmers here is Open MUGEN which is still in an alpha state. All it does is show the characters. It really isn't worth looking at yet.
bobby1989

Post by bobby1989 »

Hi J.F, it's been a long time since i have posted at the forum.

I am glad to see that somebody else wants mugen ported to the ps2.

and Ranma8, J.F is right, Open Mugen is the only mugen that can be ported to the ps2. The reason is, is that because it has an open source code. That is something that you HAVE to have to port anything.
The only version of MUGEN available to PS2 programmers here is Open MUGEN which is still in an alpha state. All it does is show the characters. It really isn't worth looking at yet.
Well i have good news. The main developer said he is releasing a new demo in a week. He says he will release a new demo of OpenMugen.
With alot of updates and fixes.
Also it will support sound. and as of right now you can already jump around with the characters and punch and kick and hit the other char with them. Though they are not fully playable yet.

Also the main developer says that he hopes to have Open Mugen in a fully playable state this summer, so keep your fingers crossed.

Here is the website. http://openmugen.sourceforge.net/main.html
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Cool! I'll keep an eye on it since I used to love playing those old fighting games.
bobby1989

Post by bobby1989 »

Thanks, J.F.