Screen Capture Tool for PS2

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Grimace:{

Screen Capture Tool for PS2

Post by Grimace:{ »

Is there a tool out there that can take a screen shot of a PS2 game? I have used the Xbox SDK to grab screen shots from a debug Xbox over the network, but the only way I can currently get a PS2 screen shot is if I use a video capture card. Thanks in advance.
weltall

Post by weltall »

if you have the sourcecode you can grab screeshoot.c it should be in these forums or on the stellar simulation and you can use it with a controller command to make screenshoot, or the other way is by a capture card.

PS2 Screen Shot

Thanks for your suggestion. Is there a compiled version of screeshoot.c available somewhere? So this code captures the frame buffer, but where does it save it? Will I have access to the image over the network once it has been captured?
neofar

Post by neofar »

pixel

Post by pixel »

Meeep. Flashnews: this will work for your own homebrew software. Turning it into a whole "ingame" screenshooter is a whole different story.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.

PS2 Screen Shots

Ok, thanks for all the info. It looks like I will need to ask one of our software engineers to write a program that will work ingame. It also seems like there might be legal issues since I intend to use this for business reasons. (and it isn't using the official PS2 SDK libraries)