HELP im so close to getting this!

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Xen253

HELP im so close to getting this!

Post by Xen253 »

i want to connect my pc to my ps2 through the network adapter to transfer saved games, i put a pukklink cd in the ps2 and it loads up to a screen that says a bunch of stuff and at the bottom it says "Ready", on my pc i am using Ps2exec_11 i go into the ps2exec.exe and it askes me to set the ip's , i make my pc 192.168.1.36 and i set the ps2 to 192.168.1.20, when i try to sonnect to server it doesnt work, what do i do?

do i have to save pukklink to the memory card, if so how, and i do have a mod chip so i dont have problems booting the cd's, i put also in a cd mcLoader and i dont know what to do in that but i did find that it had a place to set the ip's, i did same thing as above and i said save config, there is a button called "net" there and i pressed it but it didnt do anything. after saving the config i went into pukklink and the net config still said 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1, and thats not what i set it to somebody please help!
t0mb0la

Post by t0mb0la »

Pukklink/ps2link read the network settings from the file IPCONFIG.DAT, which you should have on your CD. Did you modify this file to your requirements?

In IPCONFIG.DAT you specify three things, first is the PS2 IP address, second is the Subnet Mask and last is the gateway IP address.

mcloader does allow you to change these values, but only for using with that software, they are not saved anywhere useful to pukklink/ps2link.
mcloader uses ps2vfs, which requires a java based client running on the PC.

you have two options really, burn another pukklink (though I'd recommend ps2link) CD with a 'valid for you' IPCONFIG.DAT, or use ps2vfs to upload pukklink(ps2link) to your memory card, with a valid IPCONFIG.DAT
Xen253

Post by Xen253 »

thanks ill try burning ps2link