PS2 Readable CDr

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

butlersp

PS2 Readable CDr

Post by butlersp »

What do I need to get PS2 to read CDRs? I have umcdr, nero and I downloaded the cdr tool mention in the readme file for umcdr. I created an iso and burned. When I put it in ps2menu did not read it. What do I need to do different?
wyrm

Post by wyrm »

ps2 cannot read cdr's in standard trim.
pixel

Post by pixel »

Wasn't UMCDR supposed to be stopped ? :)
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
wyrm

Post by wyrm »

AFAIK yup! hence previous post.
butlersp

Post by butlersp »

So in other words, with a non moded PS2 and UMCDR (which I am not using for evil purposes) and other writing software it is not possible. I was just under the assumption that ps2menu was able to read the UMCDR format.
pixel

Post by pixel »

I don't know if PS2MENU still supports the UMCDR format. But since Drakonite asked for UMCDR to be completely stopped, maybe they removed the support as well in PS2MENU. Otherwise, it worked, before.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.