how to compile ps2 menu 2.1

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

brouanet

how to compile ps2 menu 2.1

Post by brouanet »

Hello,

sorry for my english, i'm french.

Is someone compiled ps2menu 2.1, if yes where i can found this,

else, how to compile it (i havent linux on my ps2), i tryed on my pc with

and i had this error :

make -C ps2menu/loader
make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/win32/dev_ps2/ps2menu_cvs/ps2menu/loader'
Makefile:39: /Makefile.pref: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Makefile:40: /Makefile.eeglobal: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
make[1]: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « /Makefile.eeglobal ». Arrêt.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/win32/dev_ps2/ps2menu_cvs/ps2menu/loader'
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

please help me.

Thanks.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

Do you have the compilers and ps2lib installed at all ?
Kung VU
brouanet

Post by brouanet »

Yes,
i downloaded the debian packages for ps2gcc and others
pixel

Post by pixel »

There's a problem with the debian policy, that disallow direct modification of the environment. You have to type

export PS2LIB

before doing anything.

Well, I'm french too. Come on IRC if you wanna more support of my packages. In french. :-)
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

oh no..

btw would it not help if you would have stated that its efnet and #ps2dev :)
Kung VU
pixel

Post by pixel »

Just wanted to make him find that information a bit from himself :D
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.

Post by Guest »

I am trying to compile ps2menu 2.24b taken from CVS and I get this :

Code: Select all

ee-gcc -D_EE -O2 -G0 -Wall -mips3 -mcpu=r5900 -ffreestanding -fno-builtin -G0 -f
short-double -mlong64 -mhard-float -mno-abicalls -O2 -EL -Wall -c  -I/usr/local/
ps2dev/libhdd/ee/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/common/include -I/usr/local/
ps2dev/ps2drv/common/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv/ee/libfileXio -I/usr/loc
al/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/common/include -I/usr/loc
al/ps2dev/sbv-1.0-lite/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libcdvd/ee -I/usr/local/ps2de
v/libcdvd/common -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/include -I.  -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2
lib/ee/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/common/include -I.  -I/usr/local/ps2de
v/libhdd/ee/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libhdd/common/include -I/usr/local/ps2de
v/ps2drv/common/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv/ee/libfileXio -I/usr/local/ps
2dev/ps2lib/ee/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/common/include -I/usr/local/ps
2dev/sbv-1.0-lite/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libcdvd/ee -I/usr/local/ps2dev/lib
cdvd/common -I/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/include -I. -c ps2menu.c -o ps2menu.o
In file included from /usr/local/ps2dev/libito/include/ito.h:18,
                 from ps2menu.c:53:
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/include/itotypes.h:20:1: warning: "NULL" redefined
In file included from /usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/include/kernel.h:15,
                 from ps2menu.c:43:
/usr/local/ps2dev/ee/lib/gcc-lib/ee/3.2.2/include/stddef.h:402:1: warning: this
is the location of the previous definition
ps2menu.c: In function `drawPCX':
ps2menu.c:579: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c: In function `readPCXheader':
ps2menu.c:643: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c: In function `ReadCDDir':
ps2menu.c:718: warning: passing arg 4 of `CDVD_GetDir' from incompatible pointer
 type
ps2menu.c: In function `ReadHOSTFiles':
ps2menu.c:792: `FIO_SO_IFDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
ps2menu.c:792: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ps2menu.c:792: for each function it appears in.)
ps2menu.c:793: `FIO_SO_IFREG' undeclared (first use in this function)
ps2menu.c: In function `ReDraw':
ps2menu.c:1187: warning: passing arg 1 of `drawPCX' from incompatible pointer ty
pe
ps2menu.c: In function `setupmenu':
ps2menu.c:1405: warning: passing arg 1 of `drawPCX' from incompatible pointer ty
pe
ps2menu.c:1424: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c:1430: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c:1436: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c:1442: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c:1500: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c:1520: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ps2menu.c: In function `main':
ps2menu.c:2623: warning: passing arg 1 of `readPCXheader' from incompatible poin
ter type
make: *** [ps2menu.o] Error 1
what am I doing wrong ?

thx for help :)
brouanet

Post by brouanet »

Have you got the last version toolchain and cvs ps2libs ?
t0mb0la

Post by t0mb0la »

Is your PS2DRV up to date, and does that all compile fine?

Amidst all the warnings produced by compiling (too many warnings I know) FIO_SO_IFDIR and FIO_SO_IFREG undeclared stands out to me.
These are both defined in $PS2DRV/common/include/sys/stat.h, which should be included by fileXio_rpc.h (header file for libfileXio).

I am about to commit ps2menu.c (2.25b) to CVS, which will not solve your problem, but does have a couple of updates over 2.24b and some tidying up of things which were introduced in 2.24b. Mainly for ps2netfs (when loaded without ps2link) I was initialising ps2smap with my own 'hardcoded' IP address. Now, at least, it will look for settings in mc0:/SYS-CONF/IPCONFIG.DAT.
hubevolution

Post by hubevolution »

sorry I forgot to login on my last post !

I have built the toolchain by myself under cygwin and I managed to compile almost everything (ps2lib,ps2drv,libhdd,libcdvd,libito,gslib,svb-1.0-lite,FS demo).

I compiled PS2DRV v1.1 and what I have found is that the include file t0mb0la says ($PS2DRV/common/include/sys/stat.h) has no #define for FIO_SO_IFDIR for example but it contains #define for FIO_S_IFDIR without the 'O' !

Where is the problem ? is ps2drv v1.1 outdated ?

hubevolution

Post by hubevolution »

ok I updated ps2drv from CVS and I had no problem compiling (btw I compiled 2.25b from CVS too) !

sorry for asking before updating from CVS !

thx :)
redfiat

Post by redfiat »

I've had a lot of fun getting my sdk right but I've finally been
able to compile most of ps2menu (v 2.61)

However I get the following error:
make -C ps2menu/loader
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michael/ps2menu/ps2menu/loader'
ee-gcc -nostartfiles -T/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/startup/linkfile -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/lib -Wl,-Ttext -Wl,0x90000 -s -Wl,--defsym -Wl,_stack_size=0x8000 -Wl,--defsym -Wl,_stack=0xb0000 -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/lib -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv/ee/libfileXio -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/lib -L/usr/local/ps2dev/sbv-1.0-lite/lib -T/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/startup/linkfile -nostartfiles \
-o loader.elf /usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/startup/crt0.o loader.o fakehost.o poweroff.o -lmc -lhdd -lfileXio -lsbv_patches -lkernel
loader.o: In function `main':
loader.o(.text+0x518): undefined reference to `hddPreparePoweroff'
loader.o(.text+0x528): undefined reference to `hddSetUserPoweroffCallback'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [loader.elf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/ps2menu/ps2menu/loader'
make: *** [all] Error 2
my environment is:
EE=/usr/local/ps2dev/ee
LIBHDD=/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk
PS2DEV=/usr/local/ps2dev
PS2DRV=/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv
PS2ETH=/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2eth
PS2HOSTNAME=192.168.1.6
PS2IP=/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2ip
PS2LIB=/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib
PS2SDK=/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk
PS2SDKSRC=/home/michael/ps2sdk
Any ideas what I've got wrong?

ta.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

check that libhdd really contains those undefined references ( use ee-nm on libhdd.a ).
Kung VU
redfiat

Post by redfiat »

thanks, checked it with ee-nm and they are not there.

Found it in libpoweroff.a though.
redfiat

Post by redfiat »

sigh.

Now Im getting this
make -C ps2menu/loader
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michael/ps2menu/ps2menu/loader'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/ps2menu/ps2menu/loader'
make -C ps2menu
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/michael/ps2menu/ps2menu'
ee-gcc -nostartfiles -T/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/startup/linkfile -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/lib -s -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/lib -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2drv/ee/libfileXio -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/lib -L/usr/local/ps2dev/sbv-1.0-lite/lib -L/usr/local/ps2dev/libcdvd/lib -L/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib -T/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/startup/linkfile -nostartfiles \
-o ../bin/ps2menu.elf /usr/local/ps2dev/ps2lib/ee/startup/crt0.o ps2menu.o iomanx.o filexio.o ps2atad.o ps2dev9.o ps2ip.o ps2smap.o ps2hdd.o ps2fs.o loader.o poweroff.o iuntar.o cdvd.o ps2menupcx.o ps2netfs.o cd.o -l poweroff -lmc -lpad -lito -lhdd -lfileXio -lsbv_patches -lcdvdfs -lkernel
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoALPHA':
itogs.o(.text+0xd98): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xda8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xdac): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActiveFrameBuffer
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoBITBLTBUF':
itogs.o(.text+0xdf8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xe20): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoCOLCLAMP':
itogs.o(.text+0xe30): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xe44): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoDITHER':
itogs.o(.text+0xe50): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xe64): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoFINISH':
itogs.o(.text+0xe70): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xe88): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoFRAME':
itogs.o(.text+0xec8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xed8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xedc): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActiveFrameBuffer
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itogs.o): In function `itoPRIM':
itogs.o(.text+0xf40): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itogs.o(.text+0xf64): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket

<snipped to save space but lots of similar errors>

/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itopacket.o): In function `itoSendActivePacket':
itopacket.o(.text+0x190): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacketStart
/usr/local/ps2dev/libito/lib/libito.a(itopacket.o): In function `itoGetActivePacketSizeQ':
itopacket.o(.text+0x1a8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacket
itopacket.o(.text+0x1ac): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16 itoActivePacketStart
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../bin/ps2menu.elf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/michael/ps2menu/ps2menu'
make: *** [all] Error 2
jjay

debian package

Post by jjay »

Hi pixel and brouanet,

can you release the apt-source list line to be able to install ps2gcc with apt or give a pointer to the *.deb package .

Thanks.
-- jjay