problem with ps2xme090b and .max

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

nonofra

problem with ps2xme090b and .max

Post by nonofra »

Hi,

We tryed the software called ps2xme090b with spiderman (pal) but we saw that his sles id is different to the id of the file called game-eu (include in ps2xme090b):

our id: SLES-02887
game-eu id: SLES-02886

So is it possible that somebody help us to change bedata-system.max?

PS: we have several games, but it's the same problem (the id is different).
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Well, send fluke your game IDs. he simply doesn't have as many game IDs for european discs as US, so if you give them to him, he can add them to his next version, okay?
nonofra

Post by nonofra »

Hi,
Sorry for the delay, but we hade been going to a restaurant. In France it was the evening.
Thank's for the answer and we will try to find Fluke email to ask him about this.
See you a next time.
AXA

Post by AXA »

got a lot of huge list/and all of psx disc id...(US)
i hope you can include this all in the update....?
fluke

Post by fluke »

Pass along the list AXA. It seems to be technically possible to include every single game that sold over a million copies. The only problem is deciding how much of the 8MB card anyone would want to dedicate to the exploit file. :)

Someone asked if there is a tutorial on how to convert the *.elf, *.irx, etc. into a .MAX file. The answer is no, because the current method I'm using has a chicken and egg problem. I use npo-x.exe to package the save game image and then use that NPO file as my "master" when creating the other image formats. PS2SaveBuilder (found at PS2SaveTools.com) makes it easy to then produce XPS and P2M files. And while there is an announcement that PS2SaveBuilder will also being updated to support making MAX files, this update has never been released. So, in the mean time the chicken and the egg issues is that I use the exploit to make the MAX file for installing the exploit. Using PS2Link and nPort, I install the exploit and then use MAX Drive to save a MAX file of it.

Btw, in case anyone is interested, creating the CBS (CodeBreaker) is even more involved. Unlike MAX Drive, the CodeBreaker refuses to backup "Your System Configuration" to the USB drive. Hence, the exploit needs to be installed with a game-like save ID first and after creating the CBS file, the ID then needs to be hexedit'd back to the actual BADATA-SYSTEM id.

Anyways, please pass along as much information as you can about what you would like to see in the next version. I have other obligations this weekend but I hope to get working on the next version during the first weekend of Sept. Currently, I have 4 additional EU game IDs supplied by nonofra to add, I want to add in ps2-packer compression to save on memory card space, I have added the Win32 port of ps2client and removed InLink (in favor of it being a seprate download, if desired).

Thanks
AXA

Post by AXA »

me too, waiting for the new ps2savebuilder they said its done but it is said that someone(politics) is delaying it to be release.....
that sucks... :(
lot of people is waiting for it and im one of those...
(if only their ps2savebuilder source i could make one support cbs or max files)

-fluke-
im preparing the whole list in here (i already done on us id listing all, but not sure if i could get a list of euro psx id)
next post ill post the whole list in here...
:)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

I'm against these "everything under the sun" lists. Having a game on the list means it can't be played as long as that MC is plugged in. I made my "list" a single PSX football game I can't stand. Keeps the list short so that there's room on the card for other things, and I can leave the card plugged in as the only time I'll EVER stick that awful football game in the PS2 is to trigger the exploit.

I can see the utility of the list for a complete beginner trying to get it to work the very first time, but beyond that, the user should trim it down to a single title.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

J.F. wrote:I'm against these "everything under the sun" lists. Having a game on the list means it can't be played as long as that MC is plugged in. I made my "list" a single PSX football game I can't stand. Keeps the list short so that there's room on the card for other things, and I can leave the card plugged in as the only time I'll EVER stick that awful football game in the PS2 is to trigger the exploit.

I can see the utility of the list for a complete beginner trying to get it to work the very first time, but beyond that, the user should trim it down to a single title.
I'm against them too for size reasons..
When it gets down to it, if you have the greatest hits list, a half dozen to a dozen other popular games and a few carefully chosen sports games then virtually anyone with any ps1 games will have a game on the list, or can pick up a used copy of one of the carefully chosen sports games for under $5. And don't forget, as long as the files are uncompressed you could easily use a hexeditor to change one of the games, or even make a simple util that does it.

And lets not forget that if you are going through this much trouble, there really isn't any reason to have euro and jap games listed in the US save, or vis versa.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
AXA

Post by AXA »

so its better if someone know the ps2 save builder creator....
can u say to him, will he release the new ps2 save builder (.max support)
so thers no need to do this huge list of psx disc id...

RELEASE NEW PS2 SAVE BUILDER PLEASE (so thers no need for this huge list of psx disc exploit trigger)

MAX USERS WANT IT
PLEASE
pixel

Post by pixel »

Duh...

Well, I don't think the creator of that tool is around here. Better making that request around http://ps2savetools.com
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.

Post by Guest »

Drakonite wrote: And lets not forget that if you are going through this much trouble, there really isn't any reason to have euro and jap games listed in the US save, or vis versa.
Oh really ? I have both US and JPN games listed in the same save file, so
that I only have one file to keep track of. I splat the file out to both
badata and bidata. But then, my save file isn't large. :)

As for others complaining about not being able to play PS1 games with
this memory card if they are all listed, I guess I never thought of that
as a problem - I normally use a PS1 memory card when playing PS1
games, since that is all that will work. You can't save PS1 gamesaves
to a PS2 memcard after all. Also, I dedicate my boot memory card to
dev efforts, and don't want to mix dev'ing with leisure. Even if one didn't
want the expense of dedicating a memcard for this, there is still the issue
of gamesaves compatibility. Or is there something I am missing ?

Gorim
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Most games allow you to use a memcard in either slot. There are only a few games that require the card in a particular slot. I leave the cards plugged in as much as possible. Swapping cards is something I don't have to do very often.

Post by Guest »

J.F. wrote:Most games allow you to use a memcard in either slot. There are only a few games that require the card in a particular slot. I leave the cards plugged in as much as possible. Swapping cards is something I don't have to do very often.
Ah, the wonders of tradeoffs of ease-of-use for applications development.

1. Do we make it easier to install to a single memcard by offering an all-in-one solution, that works no matter which region of the world you live in and requires minimum of effort to setup and use ? Its also convenient for those people who actually unplug memcards and move between PS2's of multiple regions (I am one such).

2. Do we make it easier for those who are adverse to pulling their otherwise unnecesarily inserted cards so that they may play PS1 games without chagrin ?

Neither one is more deserving than the other I would think, but a design decision had to be made by the author. As a lone developer doing this on his own time for free for the world, he is less likely to be able to do market /feature research, he may or may not have made the right decision.

As for me, I am not complaining about his choice. If I were to complain, it would be that there is no JPN list included >:I otherwise I cannot benefit from said design/feature decision. But oh well, I still applaud the efforts involved in the original outcome and maybe as people provide advice and/or assistance along the way, one or more of us will become even happier in the future.

This is my essay for the day, for those who enjoy my dissertations on the simplest of topics. :) :) :)

Gorim
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

gorim wrote:
Drakonite wrote: And lets not forget that if you are going through this much trouble, there really isn't any reason to have euro and jap games listed in the US save, or vis versa.
Oh really ? I have both US and JPN games listed in the same save file, so
that I only have one file to keep track of. I splat the file out to both
badata and bidata. But then, my save file isn't large. :)
I was speaking about the whole ps2xme thing and the idea of distributing save files with those massive lists. There just isn't a reason, and if you are distributing saves for the various regions, you only need the games from the region the save is for in each save.
Now, for personal use, then by all means put whatever the hell you want in there from what ever region, I wasn't saying anything about that at all.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

You know what would be cool? A webpage where you entered a game's name or title ID and it spit out the save file of your choice! It would support adding an arbitrary number of games and if you typed in a name vs. an ID, it would search for any close matches to that name and let you pick one.
"He was warned..."
pixel

Post by pixel »

I really second that idea. Although a script behind could dynamically generate the saves for the users.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Guichi

Post by Guichi »

AXA wrote:so its better if someone know the ps2 save builder creator....
can u say to him, will he release the new ps2 save builder (.max support)
so thers no need to do this huge list of psx disc id...

RELEASE NEW PS2 SAVE BUILDER PLEASE (so thers no need for this huge list of psx disc exploit trigger)

MAX USERS WANT IT
PLEASE
i strongly doubt that will ever happen. You see vector ran off with sjeep to form the new DMS team and to create HDLoader.