Playstation 2 MP3 Player

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

PrimeTime

Playstation 2 MP3 Player

Post by PrimeTime »

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the console dev scene, but I've finally finished
my first bit of software. It plays MP3s from CD and HDD.
If you get chance, please test it and leave some feedback.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/rtk124/PS2MP3.ZIP

Thanks alot,
Ryan
justahack

<SNIFF> NO SOURCE?!?!?? </SNIFF>

Post by justahack »

I started work on a similar project a few weeks ago, and got hung up on the threading (i.e. It will play one mp3 at a time with no simultaneous graphics ). I just found your posts regarding similar thread priority issues today. Shortly thereafter, I also found this release, and I hoped to deconstruct your source for some tips. (I am not too proud to grovel for a snippet of code)

Anyway, I'm out of town ATM, and I will try out your project when I get home. I'll be sure to post feedback as well.

BTW, I worked on a project off and on for a few months, using Optimus Prime in 3-D. Last month I cleaned it up a bit and finally decided to name it.... "PrimeTime". <groan> Time to come up with a new name! </groan>
weltall

Post by weltall »

primetime i really like your program. now it's my mp3 player for my ps2 :D i have no issue reading from hd but i post this that comes from debug windows (if you want it) but other than this report i can't see any problem (i haven't tried cd) :D thanks for this great piece of software and keep up the good work :D

Code: Select all

total creep = 0
SjPCM&#58; Sound buffers cleared
SjPCM&#58; libsd initialised!
SjPCM&#58; Setting up playing thread
SjPCM&#58; Entering playing thread.
MP3 PLAY&#58; recoverable frame level error &#40;lost synchronization&#41;
MP3 PLAY&#58; end of input stream
MP3 PLAY&#58; 7068 frames decoded &#40;3&#58;14.633&#41;.
Song done
Edit: ah forgot i noticed another thing when i press reset i get the exception handler of ps2link or a double size graphic and it stops here but it's not a big problem
Darren

Post by Darren »

There is a big thread at ps2-scene about it.
http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26566
People seem to love you for it primetime! I see you crediated leslie in your readme, is your player based on madlib?
PrimeTime

Post by PrimeTime »

Yes, much of the decoding is done with the help of madlib.

In a few days, I'm going to also release the code for my player,
I just need to unmessify it a little bit :)

Ryan