usb keyboard

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

ubergeek42

usb keyboard

Post by ubergeek42 »

Are there any examples of how to use a usb keyboard for text input?

Also, I'm still using the pretty basic code from the pad example for controller input/initilization, and I've heard that the code from there isn't the best, is there a better example somewhere? Or can someone give me some pointers to make it better?
Polo35

Post by Polo35 »

Hey.

Look at ULE source code. ;)

There is a text editor with full usb keyboard support.

Best regards

Polo
ubergeek42

Post by ubergeek42 »

Many thanks, I managed to figure out the usb keyboard stuff after I realized that the header for it is libkbd.h, not ps2kbd.h. Once knew what the functions were it was pretty simple from there on out, with a little trial and error.

I will probably take a look at uLaunchElf, because right now I think my program kinda dies if you unplug a controller, or don't have one plugged in to begin with.

Polo35: I saw that you managed to change uLaunchElf to use gsKit, which is what I am currently using, but I'm having some odd problems with the fonts(not displaying the proper letter, not always drawing the entire screen of text, wierd things); did you have any problems with it?