Tracking or Compiling Online Game Play Data

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

brymer

Tracking or Compiling Online Game Play Data

Post by brymer »

Is there a way to, and I am not sure if this is the forum topic I should be in, but...

I want to find a way to compile the data between me and another online player and thread it automatically to my email address. Reason being, I want to automatically track my stats and records and then update the information on my site without having to perform monotonous data entry tasks. For example:

If I play another player online, with NCAA Football, I want to be able to export the game data (i.e. Final Score, RB Stats, etc...the whole sha-bang before you exit the game and save the changes), since my PS2 has online capabilities, to my email.

I know this is a software question, but I figured I would send it to the general forum first.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

We don't hack official games here....
brymer

Not hacking...

Post by brymer »

I guess I am not being clear on my request...

All I want to know is readable information. For example, at the end of a game...I want to be able to read from the game save, what the total stats were for the running back against the opponent. That's it. Nothing more complicated that extracting the text byte data from the game save. No hacking, manipulating, cheating, anything...just raw text data. THAT'S IT!

I mean, I can read some of the data from the HEX Editor, but not much more than a little.

This is my request. Nothing illegal, unethical, or anything.
brymer

Well...

Post by brymer »

I guess I should look at how everyone is defining hacking. Basically, I want to automatically post my stats to my website, instead of manually editing the website each time. Through my research, I have found more and more data through reading the code. So, I just wanted to see if someone has already found a way to read the data.

Again, not trying to do anything but ease my steps of inputing the data on my dynasty website...geez...I didn't think it would be that difficult to get some help.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Fair enough, but this (ps2dev.org) is a development forum, for developing original applications, not hacking/reverse engineering existing ones.
It's not so much what you set out to achieve by doing it, but what other people could do with it (or what you could, if you're not being honest)
For example if you reverse engineer a games protocol/file format/etc to find scores, somebody else could use that information to cheat, disrupt games, etc, and most people here don't want to be associated with such activities.
brymer

Online play...

Post by brymer »

Supposedly, in online play, EA Sports sends you a file. I have been told that the data I seek is there in this send. So, if EA will send it to you, there has to be a way to recover it initially, which goes back to my original point...

As I play someone, I just want to compile the stats to come to a sum, either per quarter, minute, full game...that part doesn't matter. I understand the nature of the site, but there are several people out there that update their dynasty sites my manual input. I am not the only one. If I could develop a program for myself, I can also give them a program for their use.

I am sure there are several peeps on this forum that have developed something that could be used negatively, but I cannot see how my tool could be used to harm any production of the games...or game use.

I understand your standpoint here, I guess I am beating a dead horse. I will look to other points of research for this topic.