A problem in PS2-PC connecting via network

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

solidsnake313

A problem in PS2-PC connecting via network

Post by solidsnake313 »

Hello everyone. I need help from the pros...
I've been searching for ways to transfer savegames between the PS2 and my PC. I realized that network connection is the best way for me. I've read as many tutorials and guides as I could have found about this, but still there's a problem that I don't understand. Here's what I did:
1. I downloaded ISO's for both PS2Link and ExecFTP, and also got FlashFXP.
2. I burned the ISO's on two separate CD's to try them both.
3. Both programs boot up well, and I see the "connection established in port 21" (or something like that) message.
4. I've connected the PS2 to my LAN via a direct network cable.
5. Here's the problem: when I connect to the PS2 in FlashFXP, it says "connecting.." but after some seconds it says "connection failed". I've set all the configurations, IP numbers, FlashFXP settings, etc. according to the tutorials. So what is the problem here? Please, I'll appreciate any kind of help. Thank you very much.
brymer

What are you trying to do?

Post by brymer »

I think you are trying to play game saves that you downloaded from the internet to play in your PS2, right?

What is the FlashXFP that you mention? How does it work?
solidsnake313

Post by solidsnake313 »

that's right. I want to transfer downloaded savegames to the ps2, and also make backup copies of my own saves.
FlashFXP is just an FTP program, recommended by the PS2-to-PC connection tutorials I read. the problem is, the connection will not be established. I've configured everything correctly. I wondered what's wrong.
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

you can't connect as anonymous.
If you didn't already, put some random login/pass in flashfxp.
Hope it helps.
Later,

Alcahest
solidsnake313

Post by solidsnake313 »

really? well, the guides always said it should be anonymous. But I'll try that too. I hope it works.
solidsnake313

Post by solidsnake313 »

no, it didn't work.
I still get the "connected to 192.168.0.10..." message and after about 10 seconds, I get the "connection lost by remote server" or something like that. I tried the command prompt FTP command as well, the result is the same. I have no idea why this doesn't work... dammit.. i need it to work!
solidsnake313

Post by solidsnake313 »

YES! I solved it.
Just in case somebody else has this problem, I'll just say what I did:
I got my hands on a PS2 program called Network Adaptor Start-Up Disc, or something like that. Using it, I reconfigured the network settings of the PS2. I replaced the IP with the Gateway address, and the Gateway address with the previous IP. It worked!