The Maximum Size for an .ELF file ?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

AngelSephiroth

The Maximum Size for an .ELF file ?

Post by AngelSephiroth »

Just wondering what is the maximum size an .ELF file can be?

P.S - I finally got the dev kit setup, i used the method from the Win32 compiler, it was extremely easier then the toolchain.sh, i just downloaded the files and set the PS2GC variable and i was done - took only about 30 minutes, thank you everyone who i have frustrated to help me out... Also i know that this works cause the tutorials from PS2Dev.org compile without any problems.. Oh yeah i'm asking this question because my demos are going to have a numerous amount of graphics in them. hope to finish my first ps2 demo - called "Engel".. hopefully i'll get enough time to finish it. as well before i forget does scr_print() print directly on the PS2's screen?

- AngelSephiroth

Post by Guest »

Maximum EE memory is 32MB. The first 1MB of EE memory I think should normally be reserved for the Kernel, but you can replace that if you really really want to. At the other end is probably heap allocated memory space and the stack. Suffice to say, the maximum ELF size is going to be a bit less than 32MB, depending on how much stack and heap you use. :)
mharris

Re: The Maximum Size for an .ELF file ?

Post by mharris »

AngelSephiroth wrote:does scr_print() print directly on the PS2's screen?
Yes, but you'll need to include the debug lib to use it. Change your Makefile to include

Code: Select all

EE_LIBS=-ldebug
plus whatever other libs you need.
AngelSephiroth

Post by AngelSephiroth »

Thanks alot for the information......be sure to look out for my new demo called "Engel" coming soon...

- AngelSephiroth

Post by Guest »

Will it be followed up by "Marx" ?