flash memory as a replacement for memory card.

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

molotov

flash memory as a replacement for memory card.

Post by molotov »

I fully expect many abusive posts, but i know this is the place where the best in ps2 development gather, so i gotta ask anyway.

what would be involved in using a usb flash drive as a replacement for a memory card, if indeed it was possible at all.
soks

Post by soks »

sony, proprietary. That's what MagicGate is.

hack hack maybe, not legal.

Otherwise methinks not.

Unless you get it to work through the usb port... have to talk to other guys about any possiblity of that.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

As this is a frequent request, I can only assume you didn't bother to even search the forum archives for some background information before asking.

Mentioning that you expect abuse for asking is a nice, passive-agressive touch.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm going to have to politely ask you to do your own search and maybe then you can have something to add to the topic.

...also, have a nice day!
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

soks wrote: Unless you get it to work through the usb port... have to talk to other guys about any possiblity of that.
Thats what he was talking about, and it's been discussed enough times here that unless someone brings up something new on the subject it's not worth regurgitating the details.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Much like the fresh regurgomancy you performed on my last post, eh? :)
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

ooPo wrote:Much like the fresh regurgomancy you performed on my last post, eh? :)
I didn't think my post sounded indignent enough when all I said was "Thats what he was talking about" ;)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development

Post by Guest »

You were not specific in how much abuse you were expecting. We cannot satisfy your request for abuse unless we know how much you are asking for. :)

(btw, to my knowledge, it is extremely rare for people to get abuse from simple innocent questions. It is usually the not-so-innocent questions that bring heaps of abuse. On the other hand, questions that are extremely open ended or vague in necessary details may bring a mixture of pointed response-questions and some small abuse).
soks

Post by soks »

I'm sorry, i just thought it would be more fun to stick flash keys into the memory card slots until something lights on fire =(