iomanx/filexio

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

radad

iomanx/filexio

Post by radad »

I have been trying to trace the execution through filexio and iomanx.

I put a 'printf' in 'fileXioRpc_Open' from fileXio_iop.c and I am seeing that ouput ok.

But when I put a 'printf' in 'open' from iomanX.c I dont see the output.

Would anybody know why that is?

I can put a 'printf' in '_start' from iomanX.c and I can see that.

'fileXioRpc_Open' should call 'open' directly so why arent I seeing all of the output?
ubergeek42

Post by ubergeek42 »

I just did a little bit of testing with this. If you are running from ps2link, then iomanx is already loaded, and trying to load it again makes the call to RegisterLibraryEntries in _start fail, which makes it fail to initilize the module. I assume that this is the issue, and to get around it, I think you would have to recompile ps2link(either with your debugging iomanx module builtin, or with ps2link loading from external modules.)
radad

Post by radad »

I think youre right. I was coming to that conclusion myself also.

I might try building ps2link without iomanx. It seems to be only needed for ps2dev9 support. And ps2dev9 is only needed for the poweroff stuff.

My first attempts at building ps2link are failing though. I use windows and its failing trying to run bash - missing dll.
radad

Post by radad »

I have got it to compile ok now - just commented out the SHELL line in the makefile. But now it is running, not even getting the welcome message.

Can anyone else build and run ps2link out of the box?
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

Remember to set HIGHLOAD=1 in the makefile, if you are running PS2Link over PS2Link or else you will overwrite the running one, which will cause unpredictable results :-)
radad

Post by radad »

I wasnt running PS2Link over PS2Link.

Has it worked for you?
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

Yeah, it has worked for me and everyone else who has worked on PS2Link :-)
radad

Post by radad »

I built it with HIGHLOAD=1 and that works whether I run it from my original ps2link or not. Not sure why the HIGHLOAD=0 version is not working. Anyway, I can continue with that.

I made my changes to remove all references to iomanx, ps2dev9 and the poweroff irxs. Everything built ok. I ran this and I get the welcome message but ps2client cant connect to it.

I built both versions with DEBUG=1 to see what was going. The original code that works was reporting the iop reset and then reports the ttty mount again. But when I run my modified version the output on the screen reports all the irxs were loaded successfully but I am not getting the tty mount message. It looks like the ps2link irx is not starting correctly.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can debug this?
radad

Post by radad »

I worked it out - ps2smap depends on ps2dev9 also. This has a more complex dependence so my original idea wasnt going to work. Instead I removed the ps2dev9 dependence on iomanx. It now seems to be working.

Still not sure why only the highload version works though.