PS2Link

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Derek8588

PS2Link

Post by Derek8588 »

I read somewhere on a forum that you could force ps2link to load an ELF into different parts of memory (pass an argument maybe?).
ex: Highmemory, default, etc. I always thought the start address was specified in the header of the ELF. If ps2link can do this, how? thanks
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

Check the makefile for PS2Link, you can pass an argument to the linker, which sets the base address for the ELF.
Derek8588

SVN

Post by Derek8588 »

Ahh i see the args... One last thing though. How can I connect to the SVN with a FTP client such as filezilla?

Do I need a username and password?
Port 21?
connect to: svn.ps2dev.org

thanks for your help
radad

Post by radad »

You connect to SVN with an SVN client.
I think it supports anonymous login.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

With a subversion client installed, like 'svn':

svn export svn://svn.ps2dev.org/ps2/trunk/ps2client

You can also browse the repositories at:

http://svn.ps2dev.org
Derek8588

Thanks

Post by Derek8588 »

Thanks. I got tired of having to copy and paste the text. It caused programs not to compile successfully due to text formatting errors and such. I had to manually edit them.

Oh ya.... I have a question about Sioshell (EE Serial App.) After executing the elf and typing exec rom0:OSDSYS in my terminal app it returns me to the ps2 OS. I can then load any software (homebrew , retail ps1 and ps2 games, etc.) I was curious and wanted to see if it would load a burned retail game that I own. But it doesnt. I load sioshell and then the exploit. I launch cogswap and attempt to boot the burned game (put in TOC, press O, swap etc.) I can hear the disc load but I get a solid black screen. No matter what game. It swaps fine if sioshell isnt running in memory. Any ideas?
Lukasz

Re: Thanks

Post by Lukasz »

Derek8588 wrote:Any ideas?
Yeah, buy the original game. We don't tolerate piracy here.
Last edited by Lukasz on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek8588

Post by Derek8588 »

Im not pirating. I made a burned copy of my game that i haved owned since the day it came out. Socom II. I was jus wondering why sioshell would lock up the system when you attempt to boot a burned game rather than a retail game.

Lukasz wrote:
Yeah, but the original game. We don't tolerate piracy here.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Derek8588 wrote:Im not pirating. I made a burned copy of my game that i haved owned since the day it came out. Socom II. I was jus wondering why sioshell would lock up the system when you attempt to boot a burned game rather than a retail game.

Lukasz wrote:
Yeah, but the original game. We don't tolerate piracy here.
Because the game itself checks to see if the disc is a valid PS2 disc. It's not - it's a burned disc.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Derek8588 wrote:Im not pirating. I made a burned copy of my game that i haved owned since the day it came out. Socom II. I was jus wondering why sioshell would lock up the system when you attempt to boot a burned game rather than a retail game.
Just to comment on this. On these forums, anything that could be used for piracy is off limits (ie: booting "backups", bypassing cdvd security, hdloader, cog swap, etc).