dlanor urgently needs to contact EP (uLE codevelopers)

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

dlanor

dlanor urgently needs to contact EP (uLE codevelopers)

Post by dlanor »

EP and I need to confer on how to proceed with the uLaunchELF project after the destruction of psx-scene, but I have been unable to reach him.

If any of you have an email address to him, please send that to me in PM. But if you have any other tips to reach him, just post them here in a simple reply. The future of uLaunchELF hangs in the balance...

Best regards: dlanor
radad

Post by radad »

Have you tried a private message
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

radad wrote:Have you tried a private message
That was the first thing I did, giving him my main email adress and asking him either to mail me there, or at least send a PM in return. But I've had no response of either kind.

I think he only visits these forums sporadically, so that it could be a long time before he gets my PM. That's why I finally made this thread, pleading for tips on other ways to reach him.

EP

Re: dlanor urgently needs to contact EP (uLE codevelopers)

Post by EP »

dlanor wrote:EP and I need to confer on how to proceed with the uLaunchELF project after the destruction of psx-scene, but I have been unable to reach him.

If any of you have an email address to him, please send that to me in PM. But if you have any other tips to reach him, just post them here in a simple reply. The future of uLaunchELF hangs in the balance...
Yeah, I just sent a PM back to you.:) I don't do much with E-mail so you probably wouldn't get a response for a while if you did. I tend to stick mostly with message boards.

I did get some good caches of my two only threads from the psx-scene forum. The Official uLaunchELF thread first page and the compiling uLaunchELF thread. Also I did get a snapshot of all the sticky thread names. It would be a sad waste if all that great information were to be lost.
dlanor wrote:I think he only visits these forums sporadically, so that it could be a long time before he gets my PM. That's why I finally made this thread, pleading for tips on other ways to reach him.
Yeah, that did it. lol :) I've actually been away from my usual machine and I usually don't login from this machine to read these forums.
dlanor

Re: dlanor urgently needs to contact EP (uLE codevelopers)

Post by dlanor »

EP wrote:Yeah, I just sent a PM back to you.:) I don't do much with E-mail so you probably wouldn't get a response for a while if you did. I tend to stick mostly with message boards.
That's fine, except that it makes one dependent on those boards for contacting other people. And I think we need to discuss some things in email, concerning future uLE release methods, new home site(s), etc... Stuff that really does not belong in any public forum, and which I'll want accessible without having to login anywhere.
I did get some good caches of my two only threads from the psx-scene forum. The Official uLaunchELF thread first page and the compiling uLaunchELF thread. Also I did get a snapshot of all the sticky thread names. It would be a sad waste if all that great information were to be lost.
Great that some of it could be restored at least. That main release post in particular is the cumulative work of well over two years I think, and we couldn't have restored that one from memory...

The only major thing missing is the support file release thread, and I think I can restore that pretty well from scratch. I already have all attachments that should go into it in a separate folder, so all that remains is to create separate threads for different kinds of stuff (KBD, LNG, FNT, etc. Of course much of the side-info will be lost, such as who helped who with what and so on, but there's nothing we can do about that. Fortunately all LNG attachments have creator username in the filename, so we won't be stepping on anybody's toes there.