Help on .xps files please

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Rikku

Help on .xps files please

Post by Rikku »

Hello everybody!

i'm french and i don't speak english very well but I'll do my best to explain my problem.

So, i've been playing Gran Turismo 3 and my friend send me his replays taken with Xport

the replay file on computer is a .xps file, so can you tell me how can I read this file?

thanks for all :wink:
never here, forever away
pixel

Post by pixel »

Okay, two languages session...

You either need to upload it using the official X-Port thing to your memory card, either convert it to npo using one the softwares on http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.ph ... load&cid=1 to then upload it on your memory card using nPort

Tu dois soit utiliser le bidule officiel X-Port pour envoyer la sauvegarde sur ta cartouche mémoire, soit utiliser les logiciels de la page ci-dessus pour convertir la sauvegarde au format npo et ensuite l'envoyer sur ta cartouche mémoire en utilisant nPort.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Rikku

Post by Rikku »

oh merci ;)

je suis obligé de passer par la carte mémoire? je peut pas la lire directement sur mon PC?
never here, forever away
pixel

Post by pixel »

Rikku wrote:oh merci ;)

je suis obligé de passer par la carte mémoire? je peut pas la lire directement sur mon PC?
Do I have to use the memory card ? Can't I directly read it on my PC ?
Please, never answer in french only.

You can read it on your PC, for example, using PS2 Save Builder on the page I gave. But what good would it be for ?

Tu peux les lire sur ton PC, par exemple, avec PS2 Save Builder, sur la page précédente. Mais à quoi bon... ?
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
Rikku

Post by Rikku »

oh sorry

so i'll try to use this programs...

my objective is to use the replays to do a video composition, using other programs, but i still don't know if this program will read the replay files...

thx for the tips ;)
never here, forever away
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Reply files only contain the smallest amount of information needed for the game to recreate what happened. The game they came from is the only thing that can understand them.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Rikku

Post by Rikku »

ohhh ok i understand!

I see, but you can find on Internet some replays of GT in .avi how they come to .avi files???

maybe I should work with that videos to simplify :?

Well, thank you very much Drakonite and pixel for hte help ;)
never here, forever away
pixel

Post by pixel »

Maybe... TV screen captures using a simple TV-capture card.
dagamer34

Post by dagamer34 »

One thing I've noticed is that people who are learning english think that it is bad, but it's really quite good. I, for one, could or can, never tell that english isn't their native language. Maybe they are really commited.
while (your_engine >= my_engine)
my_engine++; :P