Updated binutils patch.

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

ooPo
Site Admin

Updated binutils patch.

Post by ooPo »

I just added ryani's contribution to the unstable binutils patch. You can find it at: http://www.oopo.net/consoledev

If anyone has anything else to contribute feel free to let me know. If you want credit beyond me just adding your name to the toolchain-beta.sh script you should update the appropriate files in the source before you build a patch. I don't change the contents, I just merge in the new patch - feel free to pollute the changelog file, too. :)

I'm also looking to add dvp support to the autobuild script but I've never built them before. Is it any more complicated than a simple --target=dvp?
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

no more than --target=dvp for binutils.
you could grep for dvp in the Makefile to be sure that your patch did the necessary magic.
Kung VU
hno

Re: Updated binutils patch.

Post by hno »

I have rewritten the toolchain scripts in a more modular manner to allow a single script to support multiple tool versions with a suitable default.. also modified the beta script to build ps2sdk from CVS instead of the older environment..

The updated toolchain-hno.sh and toolchain-beta-hno.sh can be found from ftp://hno.homeip.net/pub/ps2/toolchain/. See the README file for details.

There is also mirrors of all files needed to build the toolchain, but please refrain from downloading these. The scripts automatically downloads the needed files like oopo original scripts.

Regards
Henrik
pixel

Post by pixel »

Heh, nice work. Really ;-)
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Nifty stuff. There's a few weird things I noticed like ryani's patch which I already merged into the beta patches but I like the modular approach. I assume you won't mind if I take it and have my way with it... will you? :)