The PSP

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

2BeyondTheGrave

The PSP

Post by 2BeyondTheGrave »

Since its E3 and Sony just announced a whole lot of games for the PSP and i saw Gran turismo 4 as one of them i was wondering if the PSP has similar specs as the Ps2 since gran turismo 4 probably took a long time to make and the PSP was just annouced a little over a year ago im wondering if the game was kind of ported to the system. Maybe Mr.Brown could answer this for me or any other official deveolper who has the Dev Kit.
I Finally Started makeing a Game..it took forever to get started stupid school
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I don't have access to the PSP devkit yet, but I do know it's architecture is different enough from the PS2 where a developer does have to spend time porting their PS2 game to the PSP. I dunno how long it would take, as I don't know any details of the PSP hardware (it also depends on the game being ported).

I just hope that the PSP doesn't launch with a billion PS2 ports, as that would really, really suck. It almost seems inescapable.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

for the closest spec atm check http://www.pspinsider.com
Kung VU
dagamer34

Post by dagamer34 »

In one of the articles I read, I think off of www.success-hk.com, Sony has said that they will not allow ports of PS2 games so developers can rehash old games with new graphics to make a cheap buck. However, I don't really understand that because they also announced that players will be able to "transfer" game saves between the systems so that the player can continue an adventure on either system.

I don't know what they will do. We will soon have a flood of PS2 ports. I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing because few of those games actually deserve to be ported.
while (your_engine >= my_engine)
my_engine++; :P
2BeyondTheGrave

Post by 2BeyondTheGrave »

I also hope Sony doesnt resort to porting its ps2 games to the PSP .Maybe be a couple of them worth playing they should port like Gran Turismo 4 but for the most part I think they should not. I hate what nintendo has done with there systems they port almost every super nintendo game to the Gameboy advance and now even some are on the game cube(the legend of zelda four swords). I told everyone at playstation.com there gonna end up porting n64 games on the Nintendo DS and so far i seem to be right sadly...
I Finally Started makeing a Game..it took forever to get started stupid school