ps2 slimline exploit

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

upper49

ps2 slimline exploit

Post by upper49 »

Hi i'm new to this forum i have the new slimline ps2 and from what i've heard exploits wont work on the slim line version.
From what i've so far is that the exploits only work with a ps1 disk as the trigger i'm not asking for confomation of this.
But is there any way to build a exploit cd that when ran on the ps2 will install the exploit and be able to use the newly made cd as the boot disk to boot the MC in place of the ps1 disk.
In thought when the disk is made right it looks for the exploit on the MC if it isn't found on the MC the disk prompts the user to install the exploit on the MC.
When the exploit is installed on the MC the user can boot from the disk with each boot the disk looks for the exploit to make sure its there and that it in working order.
After the boot the user is taken to an enterface giving the user the option to select the elf's the user wants to use and the option to input new data just a tought i would bring up let me know what you think thanks
boomint

Post by boomint »

The MC exploit hole was plugged in slimline ps2's. The only ways to boot code on one is to either mod your ps2, use a swap method/AR max or use disc 1 (rte) of the official linux kit with reload1.

This info is already on the forums, searching on the above terms should get you going.
--( someone stole my sig! )--