inlink broke winsock?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

DracoLacertae

inlink broke winsock?

Post by DracoLacertae »

I tried installing the newest inlink on my pc (windows 98), but after that I found that winsock was competely messed up. I has to recopy the original winsock off of the windows cd. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
niknpm

Post by niknpm »

inlink seems to want to copy winsock 2 dll regardless if you have it already or want it, I tried installing it last night only for me to be informed that a file that outlook, putty, flashfxp and even vis studio was using was trying to be overwritten, so can be avoided if you get the cancel option, a bad installer, but you may only need the exe from the update anyway ? unless it requires other dll's but they should be put with the app anyway..
EugeneE3RD

Re: inlink broke winsock?

Post by EugeneE3RD »

DracoLacertae wrote:I tried installing the newest inlink on my pc (windows 98), but after that I found that winsock was competely messed up. I has to recopy the original winsock off of the windows cd. Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Yep, this has happened to me also & it sucks.