Swap Magic 3.6

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Teh Turdz0rz

Swap Magic 3.6

Post by Teh Turdz0rz »

I have a slim psTwo, SCHP-70012

[Removed links to swap crap]

Would this only work to play iso's off of a burned CD, or would it allow general homebrew booting?

[Removed more links mod and swap crap sites]

As a side note, I'm sorry in advance for this post sounding noobish/newbish/n00bish/whatever, but something happened to my last post which was really quite well-written, I must say, and I don't feel like typing the entire thing out. And before you yell at me to search, I tried and the only threads I could find were psp threads mentioning swaploit.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

It disappeared for a reason. We do not support that stuff here, and personally I don't appreciate a ton of links pointing to warezy products, especially as there has been a rash of crap posts in various places (many off topic places even) as hidden advertisement.

It's not hard to get homebrew booting. Essentially anything can get ps2link running, which is all you need to do to run homebrew. Even that crappy swap stuff you speak of can do it.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Teh Turdz0rz

Post by Teh Turdz0rz »

Ok, I guess I came off as being overly noobish.

The only reason that I thought it was OK to post something like this was the fact that there was 3 other threads talking about mod chips that weren't locked, and I figured this was along the same lines.

And I write this in seriousness... Why is it swap 'crap'? If it can launch ps2link, then it sure beats the hell out of soldering a chip in...
jloyd_

Post by jloyd_ »

i have used swap magic to boot a homebrew demo from ps2dev.org and it worked fine, i have also used it to boot the ps2link to send .elf files to the ps2 over an ethernet cable. i used the cd disk and it worked fine.
so in short i have used it to boot homebrew demo aura_for_laura_cd_version.zip and ps2link (both from ps2dev.org) and it worked fine. hope this helps