Got Independence Exploit working, what next?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Sylus101

Got Independence Exploit working, what next?

Post by Sylus101 »

Hello everyone,

Through the use of the codebreaker software and a great walk-through I was able to get the independence exploit working. Initially, I went through everything to use PS2DUMPER and get the bios ready for the 0.9.4 release of PCSX2...

Needless to say, I have an unmodded PS2 (hence the need to use the independence exploit). In all of the effort to get the bios dumped I found there were several other programs I could launch this way. The first that caught my interest was PS2MEDIA.ELF. Sounded cool to run some DVIX movies. I thought it might look at the USB drive, but that didn't work. It also would not read a regular CDR with just some .avi files on it.

I guess the question is, is there a way to make PS2MEDIA work, and what other homebrew works well with the independence exploit and an unmodded PS2?

Thanks to everyone,
Sylus McFrederickson
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

Hi

I strongly suggest you to try SMS Media Player. It can read (at least) my USB pen and it's a lot better than PS2Media (more optimized, more features)

Look at : http://sms.ps2-scene.org/eng/index.htm

About independence exploit, I'm not the right person to answer you since I use the swap disc thing but as far I understand the exploit, the game you're using for thrigger the exploit (an run ps2media) should do be able to launch any other ELF (PS2 homebrew executable) like the SMS.
Sylus101

Post by Sylus101 »

Oh awesome, I'll check out that other media player.

Yea, I use a PSX game as the trigger and it loads up a launcher to execute the other ELF files that were transfered to the memory card during exploit setup.

I'll definately give SMS a try.

Thanks!