not able to compile usb_mass

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

moev

not able to compile usb_mass

Post by moev »

I have a win32 - cygwin installation (Jules compiler binaries) with ps2sdk 1.2. Yesterday I downloaded usb_mass module from CVS.

When compiling iop dir I get this messages:

Code: Select all

$ make
iop-gcc  -O2 -G0 -c -I/ps2sdk/iop/include -I/ps2sdk/common/include -I. -D_PS2_ mass_stor.c -o mass_stor.o
iop-gcc  -O2 -G0 -c -I/ps2sdk/iop/include -I/ps2sdk/common/include -I. -D_PS2_ fat_driver.c -o fat_driver.o
iop-gcc  -O2 -G0 -c -I/ps2sdk/iop/include -I/ps2sdk/common/include -I. -D_PS2_ scache.c -o scache.o
iop-gcc  -O2 -G0 -c -I/ps2sdk/iop/include -I/ps2sdk/common/include -I. -D_PS2_ usb_mass.c -o usb_mass.o

echo "#include \"irx_imports.h\"" > build-imports.c
cat imports.lst >> build-imports.c
iop-gcc  -O2 -G0 -c -I/ps2sdk/iop/include -I/ps2sdk/common/include -I. -D_PS2_ build-imports.c -o imports.o
build-imports.c:3: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:7: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:11: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:22: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:30: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:39: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:44: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:50: section attributes are not supported for this target
build-imports.c:57: section attributes are not supported for this target
make: *** [imports.o] Error 1
And when compiling the ee dir I get this:

$ make
ee-gcc -D_EE -O2 -G0 -Wall  -I/ps2sdk/ee/include -I/ps2sdk/common/include -I.  -c mass_example.c -o mass_example.o
mass_example.c: In function `listDirRecord':
mass_example.c:31: warning: implicit declaration of function `printf'
mass_example.c: In function `main':
mass_example.c:219: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
mass_example.c:220: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
mass_example.c:176: warning: `paddata' might be used uninitialized in this function
make: *** [mass_example.o] Error 1
I don't know what's wrong (I´m new to ps2 dev but I'm an experienced programmer). Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

moev.
pixel

Post by pixel »

This is only the example which doesn't compile, and it prolly is linked to the fact we changed some things in ps2sdk. Well, it's only an example, doesn't really matter.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
moev

Post by moev »

ee dir compiles ok with ps2sdk 1.1. But iop dir does not compile even with 1.1 sdk and this dir is the really target of the project (usb_mass.irx build).

I really don't know what this message means and how to solve in order to generate usb_mass.irx.

--> section attributes are not supported for this target

UPDATE: I was able to compile usb_mass.irx by updating the compiler framework to Jules 2004 files.

moev.
pixel

Post by pixel »

Ho, sorry, I've read your post too fast (as I usually do). Anyway, you fixed your problem yourself, great :)
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

Im trying to build the ee portion of this - the demo elf (ironically the irx built with only a couple of warnings) and was wondering what had needed to be done to be sure it compiled (Jules 2004 build is what in other words....)?
BraveDog

Post by BraveDog »

If you are using ps2sdk 1.2. Then do this.

You need to change this line. The first list is the original, the second is what it should be changed to.

The btns are no longer an array.

< 			paddata = 0xffff ^ &#40;&#40;buttons.btns&#91;0&#93; << 8&#41; | 
<                                 buttons.btns&#91;1&#93;&#41;;
---
> 			paddata = 0xffff ^ buttons.btns;
Also I had to add

#include <tamtypes.h>
to the top of mass_rpc.c
-BD
cory1492

Post by cory1492 »

Arrgh, I spent alot of time looking for the declaration of buttons and never did come across it.

I did the changes and now it compiles like a charm, I had misread which file to add tamtypes to and thought I messed something up, but its all ok now

Thanks BraveDog