Browser - <input type=file>?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Herman

Browser - <input type=file>?

Post by Herman »

I just had the idea of testing <input type=file> on the Wipeout Pure browser. When I clicked the open (I'm guessing this is what it is, it's some Japanese stuff that I can't read) button next to the text box, it locks up. Can anyone who reads Japanese tell me what it actually says? Also, since the Japanese PSP/Wipeout Pure has a newer browser version, can someone try the same thing on it?

You can find an example of <input type=file> here:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html

Yeah, it's a pretty long URL, but bear with me please. Feel free to point out any examples with shorter URLs. The text box next to the "open" button is also unselectable, so making a test site that has some plausible UNIX-ish files pre-set as the value might be interesting.
sq377

pics!

Post by sq377 »

post a picture, and i have a friend who speaks japanese and english. Im not nearby a psp with internet at this moment... so i can't test it.
Falkon

Re: Browser - <input type=file>?

Post by Falkon »

Herman wrote:I just had the idea of testing <input type=file> on the Wipeout Pure browser. When I clicked the open (I'm guessing this is what it is, it's some Japanese stuff that I can't read) button next to the text box, it locks up. Can anyone who reads Japanese tell me what it actually says? Also, since the Japanese PSP/Wipeout Pure has a newer browser version, can someone try the same thing on it?

You can find an example of <input type=file> here:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html

Yeah, it's a pretty long URL, but bear with me please. Feel free to point out any examples with shorter URLs. The text box next to the "open" button is also unselectable, so making a test site that has some plausible UNIX-ish files pre-set as the value might be interesting.
THe button next to the Input box says "Go". However, its function is the same as any URL or search engine input box.
sq377

Post by sq377 »

Interesting find... I have an American psp and it still shows up in japanese... I almost insulted sony for that, but I then realized the browser wasn't meant to go out.