Personal Game development for PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

SparkyPete

Personal Game development for PSP

Post by SparkyPete »

Guys

I have a football management game i wrote in C++ and Direct X.
Could someone point me in the right direction of porting this to a PSP.
So i can play with getting it up and running on either the PC PSP emulator software or my 1.5(when cracked) in due time.

cheers
Last edited by SparkyPete on Sat May 21, 2005 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Well sadly enough the 1.5 hasn't been 'hacked' yet to figure out how to run homebrew. 1.0, which is the original Japanese PSP's version at launch, will run code because Sony left out either purposely or mistakenly the encryption/signing recognition.

So until you get a Japanese PSP (I am thinking about it, but bills come first.) or unless you crack the 1.5 encryption methods, getting homebrew on the PSP will be a moot point.
SparkyPete

Post by SparkyPete »

I know the issues with 1.5 mate.

There is a PSP emulator to run homebrew on PC is there not?
Ive Not set it up yet, but just grabbed it now.
Kristof

Post by Kristof »

A PSP emulator exists for PC, but is only for certified PSP pro developpers and look like this : http://www.psp-emulator.com/
Unfortunatly if you are not a SONY certified developper, no way to get it.
MalumEnSe

Post by MalumEnSe »

I think he's looking for the Elf Interpreter for running PSP homebrew progs on the PC.

PSPE v0.7 Interpreter
sq377

Post by sq377 »

I have a question about the interpreter; I dont have a psp 1.0 yet (free saw coming for me in august :D), and I've heard of programs not running on the interpreter, but they run on the psp.
So if i can get something running on the interpreter, will it for sure run on the psp?
Wiz

Post by Wiz »

It usually works on the PSP when it works on the interpretor, but not always. I have had some strange errors on the psp from things that worked great on the interpretor, I think it was a memory thing...
emumaniac

Post by emumaniac »

can i just say that the PSP emulator site linked above is a pure scam site made by the people who made ndsemu.com and others like that.
Kristof

Post by Kristof »

The PSP emulator is real, I'm using it at work (we are PS2 and PSP certified developpers).

The site only show a screenshot of the emulator.