Need help to test a Exploit idea

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Deathbringer

Need help to test a Exploit idea

Post by Deathbringer »

Ok i got an idea of how we might be able to run on PSP 1.5 firmware, but i need a person with that can help me since i do not have a Memory card Reader/Wrighter.

Person should have.

2 Memory Sticks
1 PSP 1.5 Firmware
Memorycard Reader/Wrighter

As we all know the PSP currupt the homebrew stored in UPDATE, but i just made some adjustments to the Param.SFO so that the PSP see the file and not just show as Currupted Data. Since i think the PSP currupt the Data when it get it over the USB or are directly insetted in the PSP and you are trying to start it. So when it is made by a Memory stik reader, the PSP can't currupt untill it is in the interface before the booting sequence.

Help Wanted

Gamemakerman
netwerx

Post by netwerx »

i got this all, tell me what your idea is, ill try it out.
Deathbringer

Post by Deathbringer »

You got msn messenger? Then it will be a hell lot of easy to talk to each other.
Erant

Post by Erant »

Let me get this straight. You think the PSP corrupts the data because you put it on the memcard through the PSP? That's just about the silliest idea I've ever heard... Why on earth would it do that? The internal program hash checks the files, notices they're corrupt, and quits.
Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
Deathbringer

Post by Deathbringer »

Erant wrote:Let me get this straight. You think the PSP corrupts the data because you put it on the memcard through the PSP? That's just about the silliest idea I've ever heard... Why on earth would it do that? The internal program hash checks the files, notices they're corrupt, and quits.
It is worth a try...
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

So go ahead and try it.