UMD LOADER

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

medafor

UMD LOADER

Post by medafor »

can some one compile this source for 1.0, it works on 1.5. i will test it on my 1.0. this guy "bir3d" is posting 1.0 builds that dont even work and even states that he doesnt know what he's doing.

http://psphacker.com/forum/showthread.p ... ge=1&pp=10

i dont know how this guy even got this from vampire. im trying to get this to work so i can import CODED ARMS and see if it bypasses the force 1.5 upgrade on 1.0. please help us someone.
cjpc

Post by cjpc »

its horrificially (sp?) "stolen" to say, a direct rip of vampires code, that works without any probs...

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=2114

if im not mistaken, it still runs the executable on the umd, where the firmware check/upgrade would be!
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

homebrew games still work on 1.5, if you really want to play the game, then just upgrade. you will still be able to play your games. just dont go higher then 1.5x
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
medafor

Post by medafor »

Thanhda wrote:homebrew games still work on 1.5, if you really want to play the game, then just upgrade. you will still be able to play your games. just dont go higher then 1.5x
Thanda i would upgrade, but theres no reason to if this works on 1.o also. the guy just doesnt know how to compile for 1.0. i hesitant to upgrade for the fact that a future isoloader could be 1.0 only. then i really would be assed out. i just wanted one of you genius' here to compile this properly, we will test it.
cjpc

Post by cjpc »

you could make sony happy and buy a second psp, just for gaming :)
medafor

Post by medafor »

cjpc wrote:you could make sony happy and buy a second psp, just for gaming :)
in darth vaders voice as he finds out that padme is dead.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

skippy911

Post by skippy911 »

Just for kicks I tried loading my lumines jap umd on my 1.0 psp and nothing happened using that code.
medafor

Post by medafor »

it works on my 1.0, but there are reports that it does not bypass the firmware update. that sucks. oh well on step closer. i was getting ready to import coded arms too ...bah
subbie

Post by subbie »

It just calls a 1 line command to boot elf from cd. The function (as discussed in another topic) does not work with loading from mem stick. It also does not bypass any system checks because the system looks to store the elf address and gives the system a reboot and loads the elf. So its as usefull as booting up the psp with the game in the drive.

Anyways i think someone by hand will have to write an elf loader to get it to work.