downgrader 1.51 & 1.52 (from the decrypted elf)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

silverbyte

Post by silverbyte »

THIS IS NOT A DOWNGRADER... the it is a decrypted ELF that plays a big part in being able to flash the psp. (as far as i know)
You can now work on a downgrader 1.51 & 1.52 from the decrypted elf
updater 1.50.

you can get many info and prx like PSAR.prx embeded on the elf the
version.txt for the updater embeded in the elf too many good info .

^_^ Kernel Flash device

"lflash0:0,0"
"lflash0:0,1"
"lflash0:0,2"
"lflash0:0,3"
"fatfmt"
"flash0:"
"flash1:"
"flashfat2:"
"flashfat3:"

//Updater Version Checker
release:1.00:.build:89,0,3,1,0:root@psp-vsh
system:17756@release_103a,0x01000300:
vsh:p4231@updater_for_day1,v11488@updater_for_day1,20050304:
//

This release is just to show you that we aren't be gone cause :

-= WE ARE BACK =-

we just make a little halt about psp releasing "in progress" stuff
to public or friends... SOrry....

Wab Team.

Now i don't have firmware 1.51 / 1.52, (but i guess i could try to reflash my 1.5 to 1.0 but why would i, i can't afford to kill my psp, especially with my limited knowledge of programming for PSP and flashing devices)

but from what i can understanding, the decrypted .ELF plays a big part in reflashing the flash.

In any case, this news is almost 6 hours old, and no1 in the forms posted anything about it. so, there ya go.

http://files.pspupdates.com/cgi-bin/cfi ... 0,0,15,735
Shapyi

Post by Shapyi »

So they can decrypt BIN files? Wouldn't it make it easier to crack the encryption if you could decrypt files? I am not an AES expert though.
Josh1billion

Re: downgrader 1.51 & 1.52 (from the decrypted elf)

Post by Josh1billion »

Dude, don't make your topic title so misleading...
silverbyte wrote:THIS IS NOT A DOWNGRADER
Anyway I think the important thing is: how is anyone going to _run_ the code which will use that, on a 1.51/1.52? I don't think it'd be possible unless an exploit is discovered for 1.51/1.52 (in which case the downgrader wouldn't be necessary anyway).
Josh1billion - PHP, C++, PSP programmer.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

We have had a decrypted updater ever since nem and TyRaNiD began decrypting PRXs more than a month ago. Matter of fact TyRaNiD's decrypter is a sample program in the latest PSPSDK beta. A decrypted updater is good to learn from, but just having it doesn't bombard you with cosmic rays that give you the ability to downgrade PSPs a mile off.

Without a way to run code on a 1.51 or 1.52 it's useless.

Just more WAB sensationalism as usual. Are we really the only ones who can actually see that WAB is full of crap?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Those cosmic rays granted you TRUESIGHT!
Shapyi

Post by Shapyi »

mrbrown wrote:We have had a decrypted updater ever since nem and TyRaNiD began decrypting PRXs more than a month ago. Matter of fact TyRaNiD's decrypter is a sample program in the latest PSPSDK beta. A decrypted updater is good to learn from, but just having it doesn't bombard you with cosmic rays that give you the ability to downgrade PSPs a mile off.

Just more WAB sensationalism as usual. Are we really the only ones who can actually see that WAB is full of crap?
Haha, for a minute there I thought they did something worthwhile... Thanks for clearing that up.
silverbyte

Post by silverbyte »

yes your right, i should of used a diffrent title, none the less... i mentioned it in first line, and it got you to click here and read this post, and i hope it will attrack some other intelligent people here.
A decrypted updater is good to learn from, but just having it doesn't bombard you with cosmic rays that give you the ability to downgrade PSPs a mile off.
LOL ... damn thats funny (cosmic rays... I WISH) .... but i didn't know about the
decrypted updater ever since nem and TyRaNiD began decrypting PRXs more than a month ago
but even that being true, has anyone "decrypted elf updater 1.50. " ???? and if not, now that it is, doesn't that help us see how the updater works to authentificate valid from non-valid updates?

Mr.Brown your RIGHT about
A decrypted updater is good to learn from, but just having it doesn't bombard you with cosmic rays that give you the ability to downgrade PSPs a mile off.
but i NEVER said that this gives the ability to every1 to downgrade the PSP
but it does give ever1 clear sight of the decrypted updater
//
^^^^^^---- and thats the important part to thrust forward.
Arwin

Post by Arwin »

silverbyte wrote:
yes your right, i should of used a diffrent title, none the less... i mentioned it in first line, and it got you to click here and read this post, and i hope it will attrack some other intelligent people here.
It is not too late you know, there is something called an edit button. :) The intelligent people will know what is interesting from correct titles also, thank you.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

silverbyte wrote:but i NEVER said that this gives the ability to every1 to downgrade the PSP
but it does give ever1 clear sight of the decrypted updater
//
^^^^^^---- and thats the important part to thrust forward.
Well since you have the decrypted updater, if you had bothered to load it in a disassembler you'd see that the version of the preceding firmware is checked from an encrypted file in flash, not from a text file ... well, surely you'll figure it out.
GotaruO

Post by GotaruO »

mrbrown wrote: We have had a decrypted updater ever since nem and TyRaNiD began decrypting PRXs more than a month ago. Matter of fact TyRaNiD's decrypter is a sample program in the latest PSPSDK beta. A decrypted updater is good to learn from, but just having it doesn't bombard you with cosmic rays that give you the ability to downgrade PSPs a mile off.

I've done some search but I can't find this sample program you are talking about. I'm really interested. Can you point out a link to it?
Thanks.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Looks like prxdecrypt in the samples/debug/prxdecrypt directory:

http://svn.pspdev.org/filedetails.php?r ... rev=0&sc=0