Toolchain Script help....

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

SirPyros

Toolchain Script help....

Post by SirPyros »

This is the error I get when I run the Toolchain script.

I ran the script with all of the switches ex: ./toolchain.sh -d -b -g -n -p. It runs fine until it gets to this spot.
waza

Post by waza »

have u tried only ./toolchain.sh ?
i think option are here only to install specific stuffs. if u want all just use regular call.

Waza
SirPyros

Post by SirPyros »

Yes, it does the same thing, it gets to the pspsdk part and then gives that error
TheDevilsJester

Post by TheDevilsJester »

If you post your environment information, it will help track down the issue. (I.E. OS, Kernel ver, GCC ver, gmake ver, 32/64 bit, etc...) From the looks of that font though...looks like you might be using cygwin....?
Last edited by TheDevilsJester on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirPyros

Post by SirPyros »

Win XP w\ latest cygwin. not sure on the version of gmake i use toolchain.sh to download gcc 4.0.0.1
TheDevilsJester

Post by TheDevilsJester »

cygwin, yeah it figures, thats your problem :) I have never had success getting anything working in cygwin.

If you are serious about deving for the PSP why not just install a version of linux? If you are not experienced with partitioning, there are some versions out there that repartition your HD for you automagically without data loss (Mandrake and Xandros are two that come to mind). Unless you have a tiny HD, you probably have a good 3-5 GB to spare for dual booting linux. Its as easy as booting the CD and hitting a couple "Next >" buttons.
SirPyros

Post by SirPyros »

well i got an extra machine lying around i guess i'll do a clean intsall of linux on that one. Thanks.
waza

Post by waza »

i am using cygwin with no problems

Waza
waza

Post by waza »

be sure to get everything required with cygwin downloaded. there is a post in here with what u need to get cygwin to work correctly with script.

Waza
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

If you still want to try cygwin, what version of make, automake, and autoconf do you have, along with what version of the toolchain?
Lego of my Ago!
SirPyros

Post by SirPyros »

i have make 3.80-1, automake 1.95-2 and autoconf 2.13-1, I have the toolchain from Oopo's site.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

SirPyros wrote:i have make 3.80-1, automake 1.95-2 and autoconf 2.13-1, I have the toolchain from Oopo's site.
Your autoconf is too old, get at least 2.59.
SirPyros

Post by SirPyros »

where can i get it?

[EDIT] Nevermind i got it and it worked, I needed newer versions of both autoconf and automake