Replay/SaveGame Manager

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Arwin

Replay/SaveGame Manager

Post by Arwin »

Hi fellow devs,

Apart from a PSP fan and coding newbie, I am also the author of the GT3 Replay Manager. For all versions of Gran Turismo, this tool gives detailed fileinfo on GT3 Replays, including car, track, total time, best lap, car settings, installed parts, has auto-renaming options, and so on. The software works with most versions of GT3, GTC, and GT4 Prologue. I did not include (but could have) editing options for the settings and parts, out of respect for the GT3 Garage Editor mkedit, by mk, which provided me with a lot of groundwork.

For the GT4 Full Version, however, PD started using a compressed file format. It might be encrypted also, but I'm not sure. For this, I am wondering if someone here has experience with figuring something like that out. I'm a complete encryption/compression noob, so I have no idea. There is also no Garage Editor available yet, as far as I know, so I would work on that part too, if I could. Finally, times would be uploadable to GT4 sites (I have contact with most of the site owners, so a universal setup would be possible).

The same goes for the .MAX format used by the Action Replay Max, which would also be really helpful to be sorted out.

Now the reason why I am asking this here on the PSP forum is because if I can figure these compression/encryption methods out, I would like to make a PSP version of the replay manager as well. Especially with the Action Replay's option to save .MAX files to a USB stick/device, a PSP version would be really powerful - you could save the replays from the memcard directly to the PSP with the 'Max Drive' functionality. Not to mention of course the PSP version of GT4 coming later.

Anyway, you guys are my only hope. I've spread the word around a bit already, because software like mine has been used in checking whether people taking part in competitions hadn't cheated, and the lack of it is sorely missed for GT4. But so far I haven't heard anything back. You guys are the first hardcore coding community I've come into contact with, so who knows. :)

The same also goes for the PSP save games, though apparently someone already wrote something which can read highscores from for instance a game like Lumines, so that kind of decryption code must already exist.
Shine

Re: Replay/SaveGame Manager

Post by Shine »

Arwin wrote:The same also goes for the PSP save games, though apparently someone already wrote something which can read highscores from for instance a game like Lumines, so that kind of decryption code must already exist.
Yes, I wrote a decryption and encryption program, but it works on PSP, only.
Arwin

Re: Replay/SaveGame Manager

Post by Arwin »

Shine wrote:
Arwin wrote:The same also goes for the PSP save games, though apparently someone already wrote something which can read highscores from for instance a game like Lumines, so that kind of decryption code must already exist.
Yes, I wrote a decryption and encryption program, but it works on PSP, only.
Thanks for that, it's a start (y)
loko

Post by loko »

I'm interested into the purpose, I'm developing a windows program that saves synchronise which is communicating with psp through usb, wifi, IR ...

I need help guys, like if we are 2 or 3 we will ² our developpement times.

I'm advanced in Vs.net, sockets, ssl

If you are interested in : kevinperree@free.fr

we got high speed servers, illimited traffic in no money
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

This isn't actually relevant, but more developers != shorter development times. Complexity scales exponentially with the number of developers; productivity scales linearly. So having more developers tends to complicate things.

But really, why do it over wifi? Just mount the psp as usb mass storage and sync it through there. It's faster and much easier.
-ReK
Knox

Post by Knox »

Arwin/loko, you might be interested in our site: http://www.inthebin.co.uk
Knox

Post by Knox »

Ooops, looks like the site was a bit broken. Should be OK now, sorry about that!
loko

Post by loko »

Sure I am, are you experienced programers ?
Knox

Post by Knox »

Well, experienced is a fairly subjective term. Sure we have experience, whether we have more or less than the next person is hard to say.
loko

Post by loko »

How can i help you grow ? I'm just starting something like you did more complexe to code, less complex to use.
Knox

Post by Knox »

Loko, probably more appropriate to continue this elsewhere. Check your PM.