PSP as a phone?

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

cydonia

PSP as a phone?

Post by cydonia »

I read in a thread here somewhere about the possibility that the PSP would be upgraded to have phone capabilities at some time in the future.

I'm not really fussed if Sony do it or not, however, can anyone confirm if it has a microphone?

If it does, with wireless, the options for a VoIP wifi handset are quite interesting (although i'm sure immensly tricky...)
holger

Post by holger »

it has a headset connector and an API to get audio input, but I have no idea whether anyone tried if and how it works.
cydonia

Post by cydonia »

holger wrote:it has a headset connector and an API to get audio input, but I have no idea whether anyone tried if and how it works.
Interesting, so I guess the potential is there. Would require some pretty serious work though i'd imagine.

Thanks for confirming that :D.
F9zDark

Post by F9zDark »

Perhaps as web-phone. One would need to be in range of an access point and from there he/she can run the program, connect to the net, type in the # using the control pad and make the call.

It could certainly work and the best way to get started would be to find a similar PC program that is open source and port it over.

But the question is, does anyone know how to use the API that is for sound input?
adresd

Post by adresd »

int sceHprmIsMicrophoneExist(void);
exists in the hp remote driver.. i'd suggest looking in the audiolib nids for the reading functionality.

it seems most likely that audio in would not be a problem with the correct adaptor to connect a mic up.