pspgl texture caching issues

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

webjeff

pspgl texture caching issues

Post by webjeff »

Can someone please tell me how to avoid this.

I had it working till the latest stuff in pspgl. Now even having:

sceKernelDcacheWritebackAll();
glFlush();

doesn't do the trick. My textures arn't being rendered, only some are. This was a problem before, but I had temperarily solved it by adding the above lines after my texture calls and render calls.

Any other ideas??

Thanks
Jeff.
holger

Post by holger »

you want to use glFinish(), not glFlush(), to await completion of rendering commands. I hope to get texture VRAM management done within the next week or so, then you don't need any of it anymore.
webjeff

Post by webjeff »

holger,

I've tried that too. Where exactly do I put that, after the render calls? I had that in there before and it didn't work. so I started trying different variations of that and sceKernelDcacheWritebackAll() but that didn't work either.

Any other ideas?
Jeff.
holger

Post by holger »

sceKernelDcacheWritebackAll() before calling the glTex*() functions, glFinish() after the vertex render functions before you are moving to the next texture on the same texture object.
webjeff

Post by webjeff »

I made those changes and still am not getting some textures rendered. Most are, but still some arn't and its sorda random... It definatly is a texture cache issue. Any other things I can try to force the rendering context to flush after each object?

Objects are all 2 triangles with a texture.

Thanks
Jeff.
holger

Post by holger »

ermmm... can you please update your SVN tree? I added a texture sync command before issuing the render command, now the GE awaits completion of the transfer before starting to render something. Can you please test and see if this solves your problem?
webjeff

Post by webjeff »

I got your updates and it doesn't seem to help, infact there are more missing pieces now than before :( . Any other ideas?

Thanks
Jeff.
holger

Post by holger »

can you please post a simple test case that demonstrates your problem?