GDB build errors

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ector

GDB build errors

Post by ector »

So, wanted to upgrade my pspsdk (it was about a month old) and to be sure I deleted my usr\local\pspdev folder, and downloaded and ran the latest toolchain.sh.
After quite a while of compiling, I get:

Code: Select all

o sim-module.o sim-options.o sim-profile.o sim-signal.o sim-trace.o sim-utils.o
sim-watch.o    cp1.o interp.o mdmx.o sim-main.o sim-hload.o sim-engine.o sim-sto
p.o sim-resume.o sim-reason.o
ranlib libsim.a
gcc -c ../../../sim/mips/../common/nrun.c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -DPROFILE=1 -DWITH
_PROFILE=-1   -DWITH_ALIGNMENT=NONSTRICT_ALIGNMENT -DWITH_TARGET_WORD_BITSIZE=32
 -DWITH_TARGET_WORD_MSB=31 -DWITH_DEFAULT_TARGET_BYTE_ORDER=BIG_ENDIAN  -DWITH_F
LOATING_POINT=HARD_FLOATING_POINT -DWITH_TARGET_FLOATING_POINT_BITSIZE=32 -DWITH
_HW=0 -DWITH_HOST_BYTE_ORDER=LITTLE_ENDIAN    -DWITH_RESERVED_BITS=1  -DWITH_SMP
=0  -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat -Wparentheses -Wpoin
ter-arith -Wuninitialized    -DMIPS_MACH_DEFAULT=bfd_mach_mips8000   -I. -I../..
/../sim/mips -I../common -I../../../sim/mips/../common -I../../include -I../../.
./sim/mips/../..//include -I../../bfd -I../../../sim/mips/../..//bfd -I../../opc
odes -I../../../sim/mips/../..//opcodes -I../../intl -I../../../sim/mips/../..//
intl -g -O2
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../intl/libintl.a', needed by `run'.  St
op.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gdb-6.3/build-gdb/sim/mips'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/gdb-6.3/build-gdb/sim'
make: *** [all-sim] Error 2
ERROR BUILDING GDB
Is this a known issue with a workaround, or what could be the cause of this?
Last edited by ector on Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~tronic/PSPTexTool.zip Free texture converter for PSP with source. More to come.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Oops, I forgot to commit the fix. Although gdb is built last so that error doesn't matter as such as it would have still built the entire toolchain (barring gdb). I have committed a fix in svn now though, or you can modify the script to pass --disable-nls to GDBs configure.
ector

Post by ector »

Thanks, I'll try it out later.
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~tronic/PSPTexTool.zip Free texture converter for PSP with source. More to come.
webjeff

Post by webjeff »

Tyranid,

I'm having a similar problem where I can't build GDB, It says "ERROR BUILDING GDB".

ada-lex.c missing and flex not available.

Any ideas what that means?

Thanks
Jeff.
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

It means you haven't got flex installed most likely :)