Error Installing psptoolchain...

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Koba

Error Installing psptoolchain...

Post by Koba »

ok i have tryed this many times... but i can never get psptoolchain to work, here is a screenshot of what the error is that i get EVERYTIME...
so if anybody knows how to fix this for me... i would be so very happy, i'm working on a project to help out the psp community, but i can't test it without pspsdk... please and thanks guys.
thejul

Post by thejul »

I had the same error message on completly different program compilation, I solved it by moving all my directory to a shallower directory eg : c:/devpsp
Koba

Post by Koba »

ehhhh but that wouldn't work, kuz the toolchain.sh file needs to be in the user folder, to install all the contents to the respective folders. btw which folders did you move? the ones after you built the psptoolchain? because i can't even get it built. please more info if you can, maybe a small guide.
seventoes

Post by seventoes »

He means move your entire cygwin instilation up.
Koba

Post by Koba »

GAH error after freaking error!!! i finally got past that ERROR BUILDING BINUTILS error... and now i get stopped at ERRO BUILDING GCC... WHY ME!?! why always me... *cries* lol, but seriously... this is getting pathetic...
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Let's ask google what it means when cygwin returns 'resource temporarily unavailable'...
This may happen because you have some other process which is opening the
process handle for new processes (such as a virus checker) but not closing
it. Try closing all running programs and then compiling again. Remember that
on Windows 98 not all processes show up in task manager so you will need
some other kind of process explorer to close them or remove them from the
RunServices registry key.
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-03/msg01599.html
This is due to it running out of PIDs. I noted the problem and solution on Swhack; basically you have to run "rebaseall", but that means closing down all of your current processes and actually running it in bash which is somewhat irritating. If anyone has a better solution, I'd be glad if they could let me know. Thanks.
http://inamidst.com/eph/cygwin
On Unix, this error typically means that machine is overloaded and
doesn't have enough memory to start a new task. Could that be
happening here?
http://lists.samba.org/archive/distcc/2 ... 03121.html
Very likely this is due to the implementation of 'fork' in cygwin.
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-de ... /0674.html
As to your question, "how do i solve/work around resource temporarily
unavailable", I would have thought it's obvious. You wait a while and try
again later when it isn't unavailable any more.
http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygw ... 53429.html

Reading links like those and others found in a very basic google search seem to suggest that cygwin has issues on some machines and not others. There doesn't seem to be a known reason however it does seem to only happen to very specific people - new users.

Thusly, I would like to suggest that perhaps you get your machine in good health. Run a virus scanner, then run a spyware scanner, defrag your harddrive, test your memory with memtest86, check to see that you're not overheating during cpu load and for fudge's sake take the effort to find a solution before calling the work of many people 'pathetic'. You don't have to be a genius... just at least TRY to help yourself a little before you go shooting off your mouth.

We're not here to hold your goddamn hand. We're here to give you the tools to do it yourself.
Koba

Post by Koba »

ummm at what point did i say people work was pathetic oopo??? i said "this is getting pathetic" meaning my computer is starting to piss me off... its nobody's fault this isn't working, so cool it ok? sorry if you thought i was being an asshole but i would never say you guys are pathetic because _I_ cannot get the toolchain installed, i appreciate your help and all... oh btw i have NOD32 and Kaspersky for virus scanners (NOD32 is the only one with real-time protection on) and i have 4 other good spyware scanners (spybot, microsoft anti spyware, ad-aware, spysweeper) which i scan with very often, so thats not the issue, i'll try some of those suggestions there. thank you, and sorry if i mislead you..
groepaz

Post by groepaz »

a common source of odd problems with cygwin is that there is more than one cygwin.dll floating around on your system.... search for "cygwin.dll" and "cygwin1.dll" and make sure that there is exactly one of each.
Koba

Post by Koba »

it has to be something i'm not installing right... because it went into my Mac OS X with ease, guess i'm just not gunna develope on windows. oh well, thanks for your guys help anyways.
Koba

Post by Koba »

yay! i just made a program that loads an image, then switches to another image when you press the top trigger buttons. this is a major accomplishment for me... lol anyways i just thought i wouls share my noobish accomplishments with you guys :D
The Operator

Post by The Operator »

I am using psptoolchain-20051202 and i am getting the exact same error over and over when i try to install it. i have tried going out and getting the most up to date one and this is the one i find. I also tried running it with ./toolchain.sh -p to install just the psp sdk becuase that is where it is saying it is getting the error. here it is.

Code: Select all

In file included from inethelper.c:18:
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:22:24: error: netinet/in.h: No such file or dire
ctory
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:62: warning: 'struct in_addr' declared inside pa
rameter list
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:62: warning: its scope is only this definition o
r declaration, which is probably not what you want
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:76: warning: 'struct in_addr' declared inside pa
rameter list
make[3]: *** [inethelper.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk'
make: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR BUILDING PSPSDK
Insert witty and meaningful sig here......
Takazeki

Post by Takazeki »

The Operator wrote:I am using psptoolchain-20051202 and i am getting the exact same error over and over when i try to install it. i have tried going out and getting the most up to date one and this is the one i find. I also tried running it with ./toolchain.sh -p to install just the psp sdk becuase that is where it is saying it is getting the error. here it is.

Code: Select all

../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:22:24: error: netinet/in.h: No such file or dire
ctory
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:62: warning: 'struct in_addr' declared inside pa
rameter list
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:62: warning: its scope is only this definition o
r declaration, which is probably not what you want
../../src/net/pspnet_resolver.h:76: warning: 'struct in_addr' declared inside pa
rameter list
make[3]: *** [inethelper.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pspdev/pspsdk'
make: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR BUILDING PSPSDK
Well I'm getting that error also. I was going to open a new topic but then...can someone help us out?

I found some previous topics about this issue but didn't get it...I've followed Yeldarb Lesson 1 (http://www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/tutorials/

Thanks

Oh, by the way, hello everybody...
PlayStation Portable Underworld
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Get the latest version of the psptoolchain from subversion (e.g. svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/psptoolchain) that will fix all your problems.
orphan frequently

Post by orphan frequently »

oopo, the reason it only happens to new users is because the problems occur during the beggining. And it is not always people's faults. When I first ran the toolchain on one computer, it worked fine. When i tried to update, it wouldn't work. I tried to install it on two other computers with the same process, but it did not work. I understand that it must be frustrating to have people, including me, get stuck on simple stuff, but this cygwin/toolchain combo is NOT infallible.
Mike3285: wtf is a palindrome
MaroonSand: no its not dude
SiW

Post by SiW »

The Operator wrote:I also tried running it with ./toolchain.sh -p to install just the psp sdk becuase that is where it is saying it is getting the error.
I had this until I redownloaded the toolchain and reinstalled - just doing ./toolchain.sh -p was not enough.