telnet client and menu screen

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

frodemed

telnet client and menu screen

Post by frodemed »

I am working on a telnet client. My plan is to implement full terminal emulation, but I am not sure if the pspDebugScreenPrintf is sufficient.

Another thing that I am trying to implement is a menu screen to appear by pressing select. And the terminal emulation screen should reappear by exiting the menu. Can anyone explain to me how I can alternate between two screens?

I'm gratefull for any help :)
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

The sdk debug print functions only have the ability to do basic text printing, move the cursor, change background and forground colours etc., more advanced stuff like text scrolling would have to be manually implemented. It is probably fast enough to redraw the screen every frame so just maintain some sort of buffer of text for your screen and change it depending on how you want it to look (i.e. switch to a menu like display when in the menu).
frodemed

Post by frodemed »

TyRaNiD wrote:The sdk debug print functions only have the ability to do basic text printing, move the cursor, change background and forground colours etc., more advanced stuff like text scrolling would have to be manually implemented. It is probably fast enough to redraw the screen every frame so just maintain some sort of buffer of text for your screen and change it depending on how you want it to look (i.e. switch to a menu like display when in the menu).
Ok. thanks I'l try that out.