sdl error with devkitpsp

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Duo

sdl error with devkitpsp

Post by Duo »

I have devkitpsp and msysDTK installed on my computer. When I try to compile SDL with ./autogen.sh I get:

Code: Select all

sh-2.04$ ./autogen.sh
Generating build information using aclocal, automake and autoconf
This may take a while ...
./autogen.sh: /c/msys/1.0/bin/aclocal: No such file or directory
./autogen.sh: /c/msys/1.0/bin/automake: No such file or directory
/c/msys/1.0/bin/autoconf: /usr/bin/autom4te: No such file or directory
/c/msys/1.0/bin/autoconf: exec: /usr/bin/autom4te: cannot execute: No such file or directory
./autogen.sh: /c/msys/1.0/bin/aclocal: No such file or directory
./autogen.sh: /c/msys/1.0/bin/automake: No such file or directory
/c/msys/1.0/bin/autoconf: /usr/bin/autom4te: No such file or directory
/c/msys/1.0/bin/autoconf: exec: /usr/bin/autom4te: cannot execute: No such file or directory
Now you are ready to run ./configure
I added C:\msys\1.0\bin to Path in system variables, and all the files and directories that msys rxvt says don't exist do, because I saw them.

I think the problem is because of the /c/msys/1.0/bin instead of C:\msys\1.0\bin, but I don't know how to fix that.

Also, when I type cd into the rxvt, it says HOME not set. Does this have anything to do with it?

there is msys in C:\devkitPro\msys\bin
and msysDTK in C:\msys\1.0\bin
Duo

Post by Duo »

I figured it out. The msysDTK installer gives a recommended directory that is wrong. msysDTK must be installed in the exact same folder as msys, over top of it. Type in the directory manually, because the DTK installer will add 1.0 to the end if you click on the folder.

Overall, I think devkitpro is easier to work with over cygwin, and would recommend it to beginners. There is so much less hassle involved, and only the files you need are installed.
MikeDX

Post by MikeDX »

Interesting. I think msysDTK should included in the devkitProUpdater setup package.

MIke
Duo

Post by Duo »

That would probably be a good idea. Also, bloodshed dev-c++ has a download for new packages and stuff. It would be cool if you could download compiled libraries and updates. SDL was a pain, and SDL_mixer takes different parameters, some other libraries do too. Also, the ps2dev svn is down right now, so its not possible to get them anyway.

It's stupid that cygwin is the reason no one programs in c++. You get only what you want in devkitpro. Cygwin is full of a billion linux tools that I will never use. Anyway.
Duo

Post by Duo »

I compiled SDL fine, as well as zlib and libpng.
Then tried to compile SDL_mixer and SDL_image and got

Code: Select all

mkdir .libs
grep: e:/devkitPro/devkitPSP/psp/lib/libstdc++.la: no medium
/usr/bin/sed: can't read e:/devkitPro/devkitPSP/psp/lib/libstdc++.la: no medium
libtool: link: `e:/devkitPro/devkitPSP/psp/lib/libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[1]: *** [libSDL_mixer.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/devkitpro/devkitpsp/sdl_mixer'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Is there another version of zlib I need, or is there some other problem?