PS2 Controller w/ PSP

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

AkumaATR

PS2 Controller w/ PSP

Post by AkumaATR »

I dislike the PSP d-pad very much (I can never pull off diagonals). I would like to use a PS2 controller with it while it rests in a stand (w/out purchasing psptv).

I have a PS2 controller adapter for the PC which causes it to show up in Windows as a DirectPlay device.

I would like to send signals from the PC over USB or serial, or possibly straight through a serial adapter (how does psptv work?) without the need for the PC setup.

I remember a while back seeing that the input controller (or whatever it's called) is memory-mapped so that it can be examined for button/d-pad/analog input. Is it possible to set this memory so that software can simulate the pressing of keys/d-pad/etc.?

If that is possible, one could create a background thread (at least on 1.5 fw, right?) that interprets PS2 input into PSP button/d-pad/analog activity, right? Can USB be used for such a transport (obviously not the standard mass-store USB driver, I would guess?)

Hopefully someone knows how possible this is before I get desperate and try to solder a PS2 controller line to the headphone serial line or something...
romero126

Post by romero126 »

PSP TV intercepts the output (video) sygnal from the system. Often with the use of saudering or a pixel scanner. Which means it is currently impossible to run your PSP with a USB or Serial based controller. (Unless possibly on homebrew)
mstrhelix

Post by mstrhelix »

or u can do what i did and get some dble sided sticky tape and tape a quarter to your d-pad.