PMP Mod v2.02 & PMP Mod AVC v1.02

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

Dnim

Post by Dnim »

just checked and my video-editing program also creates AVIs with absolute indexing...
good to hear it won't be a problem anymore :)
LVX
[maG]

Post by [maG] »

nice work! Nice Mod - Zooming is also a great feature!

But please sb code the following features:
- Time Bar (to see how long it takes to the end and start)
- a "skip to" function (maybe coupled with time bar)
- Folders in the Video Folder (for better sorting)
- Sorting Method Choose (would like to sort by Name only not by date)
- Power on/off usable (for longer breaks)

That would be very nice.

still thinking ... (edit comming soon ^^)

Maybe I could help but only two years of c experience ... and I dont like it very much ... damn vb ... 2 easy unlearnt all other stuff ... lol
cYa, bYe & thX
[maG]
artik

Post by artik »

[maG] wrote:Maybe I could help but only two years of c experience ... and I dont like it very much ... damn vb ... 2 easy unlearnt all other stuff ... lol
Once again i suggest to use CVS. All open source project work with it (sourceforge) best way to work on a project with many ppl. (merge fonction, previous version, etc etc)
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

Does anyone know what video codec Videora uses for its encoding?

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/PMP/
dot_blank

Post by dot_blank »

excellent work jonny keep it up :)
pmp mod is very stable indeed

and .pmp extension is simple to work
with ....to think people complained over
its inclusion for pmp

... cheers
10011011 00101010 11010111 10001001 10111010
Santojob

Post by Santojob »

I want to comment on my experience:

After using all the programs created lately to create PMP (WinMenc 0,5X, Videora, Simple converter, manual Method using Virtualdub, 3GP, etc), the program that more I like for his final result is the WinMenc, but only with files AVI, with files MPG I have had problems with this marvellous program since I use the method of creating a VOB with DVDecrypter and I observe some passages with blocks on screen sporadically on having reproduced. Neither I find the method of RIP a DVD directly with WinMenc since I cannot select in my case the Spanish language.

Pd.: To excuse for my translation but I do not control 100 % the English language (I use a translator) .... jeje...

Regards for all
Dnim

Post by Dnim »

here's another (darker) variation..

cheers,
Last edited by Dnim on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LVX
miemt11

Re: PMP Simple Converter 0.03 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Post by miemt11 »

This unknown crash maybe due to the regional and language setting of your windows ;(. about the auto aspect ratio resizer, i will look into it
artik wrote:
miemt11 wrote:PMP Simple Converter 0.03 for memcoder and pmp_muxer
----------------------------------------------------

Convert any video (rmvb, rm, avi, mpg, wmv, asf) to PSP PMP format

===================================================================================

Download here
http://rapidshare.de/files/10765833/PMP ... 3.rar.html

or

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VNJ ... ARYLOZ5XEM

Change from version 0.02

1: should fix the pmp_muxer.exe error (I hope)
2: Add video scaler option (from 0-fast bilinear to 9-lanczos and 10-natural bicubic spline)
3: A default button to reset everything to the initial status
4: minor fix .....

Change from version 0.01

1: Fix the pmp_muxer.exe (if pmp_muxer.exe is not available, encoding will not continue
)

2: add 160x120, 368X208
and 400x192 resolution
3: Add high quality encoding option
4: minor fix .....

Component Requirement:

1: Get all the memcoder component from here
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
and intall all any directory you like. e.g. C:\Memcoder

for real media and windows media video format you need the codec from here
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/codecs.html

2: Put pmp_muxer.exe to the intall directory e.g. C:\Memcoder

3: Now extract my PMP Simple to the intall directory e.g. C:\Memcoder

4: .Net Framework Runtime 2.00 from here
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... tnetfx.exe

Develop by miemt11 Date 11 Jan 2006
AMAZING miemt11 !!
it encoded perfectly my video. BUT I still get an error at the end (but my video as been created, and it work !!:)

here is what i get :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at PMP_Simple.Form1.EncodePMPbutton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PMP Simple
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/artik/Bureau/winme/PMP%20Simple.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINNT/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

another thing .... could you includ an auto aspect ratio resize calculator (lol) ? like made PSPMPVerter.0.2.exe ? (i prefer to use pmp simple converter, but this option in PSPMPVerter.0.2 is fantastic.)

Many thx again :)
Phuncz

Re: PMP Simple Converter 0.03 for memcoder and pmp_muxer

Post by Phuncz »

miemt11 wrote:This unknown crash maybe due to the regional and language setting of your windows ;(. about the auto aspect ratio resizer, i will look into it
I have the files on my desktop (Dutch for desktop is "bureaublad"), maybe that's the problem ? Maybe you need to have the nescessary file pointed to the desktop with a %string% ?
dbl

Post by dbl »

I've done some brief tests of libavc versus xvid using mencoder.

Three tests were run:
2-pass xvid
2-pass libavc mpeg4
2-pass libavc mpeg4 (2 threads)

All tests had: bitrate=768, laczos resizing, wide motion search, no b-frames, 480x272AR.

The results are quite surprising.
libavc is about about 5% faster than xvid in pass 1, and a massive 300% faster in pass 2!!
2 threaded libavc makes no difference to encoding time on my dual-processor machine :-( and processor utilisation is still very one-sided).

I still need to do more encodes to be sure, but so far i really don't see any quality difference between an xvid encode and a libavc mpeg4 encode.

So tentatively, I would recommend these mplayer settings:

mencoder input.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vhq:turbo -af resample=44100:0:2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=%brate% -of rawaudio -o audio.mp3

mencoder input.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:vhq:vbitrate=%vrate% -nosound -o %video.avi
jonny

Post by jonny »

and .pmp extension is simple to work
with ....to think people complained over
its inclusion for pmp
someone still complain, but at least no one get in this thread :)

Dnim: can you put "PMP" or "PMP Mod" in your dark variation?
k0nan

Post by k0nan »

dbl wrote: The results are quite surprising.
libavc is about about 5% faster than xvid in pass 1, and a massive 300% faster in pass 2!!
2 threaded libavc makes no difference to encoding time on my dual-processor machine :-( and processor utilisation is still very one-sided).
[/b]
Interesting. You should also add a divx test to your comparison. Arex posted a speed comparison chart on page 5, showing that divx was roughly 50% faster than xvid on single pass and 25% faster on 2-pass.

As far as your CPU util goes, which version of mencoder are you using? I use an A64 custom build from here. I haven't tested it to see if it's any faster than the standard builds, but it sure seems to fly.
csuper

Post by csuper »

dbl wrote: So tentatively, I would recommend these mplayer settings:

mencoder input.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vhq:turbo -af resample=44100:0:2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=%brate% -of rawaudio -o audio.mp3

mencoder input.avi -sws 9 -vf harddup,scale=480:272 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:vhq:vbitrate=%vrate% -nosound -o %video.avi
I succeed to finally understand the way mencoder is managing subtitle...
Guys, if you got some special characters like (in Fr Language) : ô, ê, û, é, è, à, ç, ù <-> mencoder won't be able to parse the SRT file... so I find a quick solution to clean the SRT file --- is there someone interested (it's a bit complicated at first sight ;) --- ?

Anyway... I continue on the BATSUBFILE optimization in my personnal BATCAVE... ;)

Big Thanx to dbl !

csuper.
NyNex

Post by NyNex »

@jonny:

Hi jonny!
I have been playing with buffer, you can increase buffer block_size to maximun_read_size+0xfffff. This reduce audiojumping and hardcoded files as
Spiderman_2_Trailer_Heavy.pmp can be played a little better. Other files can be played without problems. It is not a final solution but it helps to Datel HDD users. It would be interesting to create a buffer wich fills before it is empty.

Hope it helps. I will follow making probes. Sorry about my english ;)
csuper

Post by csuper »

NyNex wrote:@jonny:

Hi jonny!
I have been playing with buffer, you can increase buffer block_size to maximun_read_size+0xfffff. This reduce audiojumping and hardcoded files as
Spiderman_2_Trailer_Heavy.pmp can be played a little better. Other files can be played without problems. It is not a final solution but it helps to Datel HDD users. It would be interesting to create a buffer wich fills before it is empty.

Hope it helps. I will follow making probes. Sorry about my english ;)
By better what do you mean.. ?

Curious csuper...

Can you release a MOD of your binaries ?
NyNex

Post by NyNex »

By better what do you mean.. ?
Audio skipping is not continuous, so film is more visible. There are some films that now play without skipping or reduce their skipping to make it less annoying.
Can you release a MOD of your binaries ?
I am not sure if they can damage something, i don't have been any problem, but i would rather jonny look at this first.
Last edited by NyNex on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonny

Post by jonny »

maybe there is a difference between memory sticks (do you have a 1GB from sony?)
my memstick is from sandisk

actually i'm reading chunks of n*64k, with seeks aligned to 32k
(you can also play with seeks align in the "buf_read_get_block" function, only be sure seeks align is <= 64k)
NyNex

Post by NyNex »

@jonny:

I have been making probes over a 32MB MS Duo and over a Datel 4GB HDD. I will try to play with seeks align (but not too much free time).
jonny

Post by jonny »

ok, thanks for the info
NyNex

Post by NyNex »

What is interesting of this is that time between memory access can be larger and player works fine (what a nice job jonny). So we can look for an async reading method to solve some issues.

I need to learn more about psp programming (mine is windows C++ programming).
fAi_

Post by fAi_ »

could someone teach me how can conversion mp3 audio with .AVI (DTS sound)?
thanks in advance
Nebur

Post by Nebur »

Jonny, thanks a lot for your work, this Media player its just awesome, it works really fine.

I just have some questions, first one its if its possible to make a donate to the project using paypal or something similar, and the second one its if its possible to see format .pmp on PC or using Xbox Media Center on Xbox, it will be a compatible fomat on the future or its just an PSP format where the .pmp files can just be seen on PSP?

Tnx a lot.
qt11

Post by qt11 »

Jonny...

Truely fantastic. What you have done is very much appreciated.
plast4220

How use the zoom

Post by plast4220 »

Hi.

I try tne new feature of pmp player (thanks jonny) but the zoom doesn't work.

I try the select button with the trailer of spiderman 2 (full sreen) no effect.
I try with FFANTASY and it's the same.

I try with SPIDERMAN 2 the all movie i encode with PSMPverter (not full screen , black upper and lower) and it's the same.

Could you explain me how it works ?

Excuse for my english...

Plast
AZImmortal

Re: How use the zoom

Post by AZImmortal »

plast4220 wrote:Hi.

I try tne new feature of pmp player (thanks jonny) but the zoom doesn't work.

I try the select button with the trailer of spiderman 2 (full sreen) no effect.
I try with FFANTASY and it's the same.

I try with SPIDERMAN 2 the all movie i encode with PSMPverter (not full screen , black upper and lower) and it's the same.

Could you explain me how it works ?

Excuse for my english...

Plast
Are you sure you're using malloc's modified version of the player and not jonny's original release?
Eingang

Post by Eingang »

@Plast

Resizing does not have any effect with 480x272 - it stretches eigher width or heigh, but you can´t stretch more than display size allows... logically.

Encode some movie file with anything else, f.e. 480x200 or whatever. Then you can see an effect. If there is no effect but black borders, they are part of the video and size is still 480x272.
ESTIMULO

Post by ESTIMULO »

Is there a visual black borders cropper before encoding? I don't know how to remove those black borders to use zoom at full screen.
Thanks Jonny and malloc and sorry my poor english.
Nebur

Post by Nebur »

ESTIMULO wrote:Is there a visual black borders cropper before encoding? I don't know how to remove those black borders to use zoom at full screen.
You can use Virtua Dub to remove them, section "Filters".
Eingang

Post by Eingang »

ESTIMULO wrote:Is there a visual black borders cropper before encoding? I don't know how to remove those black borders to use zoom at full screen.
Cropping is only possible when you use a filter. (appears selectable right bottom filter screen) If you do not want to filter anything but only crop, select the filter called "null transform" which was built for that purpose and then crop.

BTW:
After days encoding and testing I finally came to following configuration as best (imho) : DivX, First Pass 4854, 4-Pass 1500, Forming, h2.63 optimized, first filter "sharpen" with 20, cropped, second filter resizing, lanczos3 .... Yes, it lasts a long time, but for me only highest quality matters, nothing else. I compared to identical UMD movie content as good as I can, the difference is hard to see.... UMD just seems to have a little bit more .... let me say substance.... anyway this is no player-thing but it´s the codec itself, it simply can´t produce better quality at that bitrate. Sometimes it seems as if faces are somehow a little bit more undetailed as they could be... (what other (better) codecs could be used ? ) And of course not to forget the source quality is really very important. As we could see yet HD-Content gets crystal clear to PMP - but DVD content should also be enough quality to produce crystal clear PMPs....

I fully process ac3-5.1 with 400% boost, 44,1/16bit/stereo in Vdub, converting afterwards with belight or Goldwave. In the player pull down loudness in PSP and up within PMP-Player again. This makes sound halfway acceptable. But anyway sound is definetely something to work on further.

Last but not least, I found out how to reduce or even kill daubbing. The main thing with UMD videos is, they are so bright. That didn´t come to my mind yet, but today I finally found out the key to kill daubbing is just to make picture brighter. Use malcoms mod for that, it´s a real surprise !!!! (Yes, things sometimes can be SO simple....)
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

To elaborate slightly more on Eingang's and Nebur's posts, if you're going to crop with Virtual Dub, you might want to resize as well with the Resize filter using Lanzcos3. This will resize the cropped image to whatever dimensions you specify.