Newbie questions about compiling

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

F.J. Sánchez

Newbie questions about compiling

Post by F.J. Sánchez »

Hi, I'm new to the psp programming world so I'm quite lost (sorry for my english).

I use GNU/Linux and when I want to compile the SDK samples there are no problems, it compiles without problems; but when I try to compile something that uses external libraries like libpng, libjpeg, mikmod or any other it's all problems. For example for LuaPlayer source I already have installed the dependencies from the repository of my distribution (Ubuntu Breezy), is that right? Or, have I to install the libraries from the svn repository? I normally have also to edit the Makefile to add to the INCDIR var /usr/include/xxx, shouldn't Makefile do it automatically?

Thank you.
Hack your mind
Okupa tu mente.
ufoz

Post by ufoz »

You need the psp versions of these libraries from SVN. Checkout, make, make install, and everything should compile fine.
F.J. Sánchez

Post by F.J. Sánchez »

Ok, I'm going to grab all files from svn, compile and install. What's the difference between both? Sorry if it's a stupid question.
Hack your mind
Okupa tu mente.
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

F.J. Sánchez wrote:Ok, I'm going to grab all files from svn, compile and install. What's the difference between both? Sorry if it's a stupid question.
The ones on your pc are built for a pc environment (ie compiled for x86 or whatever your desktop is), the ones in svn have been ported so as to work on psp's processor and SW environment.
Damn, I need a decent signature!
F.J. Sánchez

Post by F.J. Sánchez »

It's true, I forget that it installs header files and library objet compiled for my x86.

Thanks cheriff.
ありがと ウフォズさん。
Hack your mind
Okupa tu mente.