Compiling PSPGBA (1.1)

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

bakfiets

Compiling PSPGBA (1.1)

Post by bakfiets »

Hello everyone,

Just recently I've got my very own PSP and found out about these forums shortly after. Glad to see there are some still free from the millions of 'downgrader 2.01 to 1.5 plz' posts. However, I should admit that my question might be slightly newbie-ish aswell, can't say I haven't tried search though. Or Google. Neither could help me get PSPGBA source compiled though :) I've managed to install and configure cygwin just fine, pspsdk compiled and installed, the various required libs (I got the pspdev sdl trunk), however now I'm running into the slight minor problem that the configure script doesn't know about the psp :O
LDFLAGS="-L`psp-config --pspsdk-path`/lib -lc -lpspuser" ./configure --host psp --prefix=`psp-config --psp-prefix`
This is what I tried, and he gave me:
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `psp': machine `psp' not recognized
Ok so I figure the config script doesn't have a set of options for the psp (how did the author compile it then?). I'm compiling it now against a blank ./configure, however I gave up much hope of getting that to work. Anyone can point me in the right direction? I'd love to fiddle around with the emulator, since the code didn't seem that complex, just need to get it to work to start the trial 'n error lovin' :) Ohh and I googled for some newbie (l)unix guides to get to know that area of expertise a bit better, turned up a lot though, any particular resourceful sites anyone can recommend?

Thanks!
tomson2000

Compilable source code

Post by tomson2000 »

bakfiets

Post by bakfiets »

Thanks mate! That's why it didn't show up in Google, it's Chinese, check this for a google translated version if people want to see it. When I get behind my dev machine I'll have a go, thanks again for the link and I'll see what I can do with the source.

EDIT:
Ah you wrote it yourself, didn't even notice that, great work! The replies don't make much sense in English though, they sound poetic hehe...

PS: Could you post the files here aswell? I'd hate to litter those boards with a n account I'll never use, just to download the files. Thanks!
tomson2000

Free FTP download

Post by tomson2000 »

PSPGBA v1.1 source code
ftp://trm:trm@ftp.448.cn/pspgba_v1.1_src.rar
libunzip source code
ftp://trm:trm@ftp.448.cn/libunzip-src.rar

To compile:
# cd /tmp
# unrar x libunzip-src.rar
# cd libunzip
# make