memory stick issue...help please ^^

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

sumi

memory stick issue...help please ^^

Post by sumi »

Perhaps this is the wrong place to put this but I don't know where else to ask..

I have been running homebrew (via fanjita's 0.9) on my 2.00 for a few weeks now...well I finally went back to play one of my umd games and my friend played and made a new saved game....after he stopped i went to load homebrew and it locked my psp. When i browse the memory stick everything says corrupted data except for the my saved data (from umd) games. Is this a common error? ANything I can do besides formatting and reinstalling? I had some nice states etc I'd like to keep..

Also...should I avoid saving any legit ps game files on my memory stick? w/o at least backing it up first? ... Very confused as to why this happened..

thanks a lot.
GameShark2k

Post by GameShark2k »

o boy

you some how got updated fw

did you Tif over flow through the pic menu?
sumi

Post by sumi »

i'm sorry i have no idea what you mean :(

the only fw i know is firewall or firewire and i doubt you mean that..

and i know tiff is an image file but it seems tightly packed in its folder under photos...
Rick

Post by Rick »

sumi wrote:i'm sorry i have no idea what you mean :(

the only fw i know is firewall or firewire and i doubt you mean that..

and i know tiff is an image file but it seems tightly packed in its folder under photos...
Ignore him, he has no idea what he is talking about.

Anyway, I've had this issue myself, I havn't tracked it down yet though.

Only solution I've come across is formatting so far.

You could try copying your saves from the memory stick (if they arn't corrupt) then format, then copying them back.
pegasus

hello

Post by pegasus »

GameShark2k wrote:o boy

you some how got updated fw

did you Tif over flow through the pic menu?
well i assume that he knows everything about homebrew since he knows how to use fanjita's eboot cept one thing FW! XD

FW=Firmware or PSP OS
OS=Operating System (In case you don't know! XD Just kiddin')

I would suggest formatting your stick but backup if you can that way you can fresh install everything.

my psp before always show some fxx00xx error until i formatted
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Had the same problem with one single homebrew I ran and which crashed. You can solve this by making a USB connection and running chkdsk from windows on your memstick. Just go run and type "chkdsk I: /F /R" or whatever your PSPs letter is in windows. However, since this does try to repair datachunks which are corrupt, this could still cause data loss, so backup the savestates etc. first.