Using the GTA Loader

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

CaseyB

Using the GTA Loader

Post by CaseyB »

I fianlly got a copy of GTA so I have been trying to use the loader on my v2.6 PSP. The code that I have came from the tutorials at http://www.scriptscribbler.com/psp/ but every time I try to load it the screen goes black and then the PSP powers off! I thought that it may ba an issue with the tutorial code, or my compiling of it so I looked at fanjita's web site and downloaded a game that is supposed to work with this loader(dual tetris), but it did the same thing! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
StationWest

I have the exact program.

Post by StationWest »

This happens to me as well. Sometimes when i try to load the prgm if i press the left analogue key it will boot. but rarely. this f*ckin sucks. I love to write code for this but its hard to test cause it never loads.

I posted the same type problems at
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=9
you can check to see if anyone has a solution

peace
stationwest
* StationWest *
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

The trouble I have is that I haven't gotten it to run anything! I downloaded apps that were supposed to work with it and I can't make then run, not even randomly!

-=EDIT=-
Ok, scratch that! I got Dual Tetris to run by using the Joystick trick you mentioned! Doesn;t make any sense though!
CaseyB

Post by CaseyB »

Perhaps it is an issue with debug printing because I think the programs are running, just that nothing is being displayed. Has anyone else gotten these tutorials to run on v2.6 using the GTA loader?
StationWest

1/2 assed solution

Post by StationWest »

Some dude left me a post on the forum @ psp-hack.com/forum that I found seems to work more often than not. Try taking the battery out and the reinserting it before loading ur brew/eboot.phb via the GTA exploit. To my surprise it worked 3 times in a row!!

Sucks taking the battery out everytime though. Oh well
Station420
* StationWest *