cygwin libtool / freetype / SDL_ttf

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

ipsp

cygwin libtool / freetype / SDL_ttf

Post by ipsp »

Hi Guys/Girls

I'm trying to work out how to build/install SDL_ttf, I think I have followed it correctly, such that is first need to build/install 'freetype' library. Anyways one of the requirements for 'freetype' package is 'libtool' I have checked and I don't have it installed.

I have looked at the cygwin site, and found the package i need, but there is no details about how I get the package and build/install it. So I'm hoping someone here might be able to show me the way, does anybody know how to get this package.

Note I'm not having any problems getting the SDL_ttf or freetype packages just having problems build the 'freertype' package as i don't have libtool.

Any help would be great
R2k

Post by R2k »

have you installed from lastest toolchain ???

if you did it then only thing you need to do is runing a svn checkuot to the freetype sources and later read the README file and follow his instructions
ipsp

Post by ipsp »

Last time i got the toolchain was late last month, but when i type libtool there is no such program, I had a look through /usr/local and the program is not there. But you are right I'll try updating the toolchain and see if it works then.

One question when i update to the latest toolchain do it have to rebuild all the other packages I have built, i.e. libogg, SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer.

Thanks very much
dsn

Post by dsn »

libtool isn't part of the toolchain, it's part of Cygwin. If you use the Cygwin installer there's a package for it under Development.
ipsp

Post by ipsp »

Yes it is part of cygwin.

I tried updating cygwin last night with very very very bad results, infact cygwin died entirely, and yes that pissed me off.

Anyways i reinstall cygwin this time with libtool, and it worked, but unfortunately I have not had time to reinstall the additional libraries. I'm extremely annoyed with the cygwin update interface, it is totally unusable.

Anyways safe to say after 3 hours I had cygwin and toolchain back inplace.

Hopefully tonight I'll get the rest of the libraries back into place and get my projects compiling again.